Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Enthusiast

Re: Rye Tasting (WT 101, Ritt BiB, Willet)

The smell of rye must be in the air. Last night I had r1, baby Saz and finished up with a High West Doublerye. Why those three? They were all $7 and under at the lounge! Decided not to rank .. as I'm of the mind that they're all good in their own way. I did find the r1 much more than I thought I would based on some postings. I think the biggest complaint on this was the price and it's no longer on the liquor store shelf for that reason I am told. I do have the Willett 4 & 5 and think that 5 was an improvement over 4.

Connoisseur

Rye Tasting (WT 101, Ritt BiB, Willet)

Quote Originally Posted by Old Lamplighter View Post
    TPS has a Willett 4yo 110 right now. Does anyone know if the one on this thread is of same release? Is it LDI or Kentucky? I am thinking of including some on my next order from TPS if it is of Kentucky birth. I've had enough of the LDI for the time being...not really my cup of rye. Thanks!
    I believe most of the Willett Ryes TPS gets in are LDI. Not 100% sure on this one, but I will probably be in the store the next couple of days: I will ask Jay if he is around.

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by Ejmharris View Post
    I believe most of the Willett Ryes TPS gets in are LDI. Not 100% sure on this one, but I will probably be in the store the next couple of days: I will ask Jay if he is around.
    The Rye that I posted about is distilled in Indiana so I assume that's LDI or whatever they are going by these days.

Guru

That would be a safe assumption.