Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Enthusiast

Re: What's the deal with Lot B???

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    Certainly didn't seem to come across as an expression of an opinion to me. Sounded rather more like you were making a statement of fact and that nothing more needed to be said, particularly with the second and unnecessary second sentence in your post.

Saying "I think" or "I believe" or "In my opinion" might have helped clarify the matter ever so slightly (whatever Josh might think of doing that!).

Just my opinion of course...
    Well said.

wordswords

Trippah and Admin

We all offer opinions here and some more strongly than others.

Let's just understand that and move along.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by White Dog View Post
    Fair enough. Maybe they're still using stocks from Bernheim. I will never know.

But would the fall 2012 Lot B release have been bottled in 2011? Maybe. Also, with Pappy 15 being all BT(We think.), and with Weller 12 being scarce, and with OWA and WSR having no age statements, would BT still be holding onto some old Bernheim stock? Maybe.

Don't get me wrong. I love both Lot B and Weller 12. Is Lot B a big step up for my palate, yes, but I would attribute that to barrel selection.

Would it be fair to say that the 2013 release of Lot Bernheim will be all BT? At some point, and that point is soon, they should change the name to Lot BT.
    White Dog, much love, but why do "we" think Pappy 15 is all BT? http://www.whiskyadvocateblog.com/20...winkle-anyway/

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by CADMixes View Post
    White Dog, much love, but why do "we" think Pappy 15 is all BT? http://www.whiskyadvocateblog.com/20...winkle-anyway/
    No offense to Chuck, but that interview came after Wheatley said that is was all BT. Was that interview spin control? The youngest DSP-16 is 20yrs old.

But hey, maybe BT is still adding just a touch of pixie dust to the Pappy 15 mix. Believe it if you want.

And let me add there's nothing wrong with BT Wheated Bourbon, IMHO.

Advanced Taster

So, uh... did anyone else read the title of this thread and say it out loud in a Jerry Seinfeld voice?

And to contribute, I used to buy as much Lot B as I could find, but local stores have priced it beyond sanity. When an $65-80 bottle of Lot B is sitting near a $27 bottle of Weller 12 or a $22 bottle of Weller Antique, it's not hard to pass up. I always found lots of sweet, cherry flavors in Lot B that I don't get in most Weller bottlings (although the recent Party Source Weller Antique had plenty of it). It's a shame because I'd pay up to $45 or so for Lot B. Once it creeps towards twice the price of Weller 12, though, I'm no longer interested.

Enthusiast

do like Lot B a lot and its not that hard to find on the shelves here in DK. At least it was, I bought a couple so it is getting more scarce

here are de danish importers description (my translation) : A tremendous bourbon with a high rye content. There is absolutely no doubt about that"

I tried to email them and saying it was a misdescription, but they didnt answer me. Well, the danish importer always appeared very arrogant to me, both in online behaviour on forums, on fairs and tastings so no surprise there. I remember (politely actually) pointing out on a fair that Templeton Rye was not made in Iowa (as their guy on the stand kept saying). I got an answer in the catagory "Shut up, you dont have a clue"

:-)

Guru

Regrettably mac, there are those who don't want to be bothered with the facts.