Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Enthusiast

K&L Fear Tactics?

3)Weller 12 shortage? Donít take this to the bank, but with everyone learning that Weller 12 is the same wheated juice that goes into the Pappy Lot B, there may be another shortage on this soon. I had heard rumblings of this last week, then I checked with NorCal distribution and they said they had nothing with no ETA. That got me a little nervous. Thatís very odd. We decided to clean out SoCal and buy another 200 bottles, so weíre stocked for now. However, there may be trouble on the horizon. Or not. Just sayiní

Should I buy a case or pallet?
    The Red Coats are coming! (that was true though)

Guru

Re: K&L Fear Tactics?

Wouldnt surprise me. Been stocking up on that for quite awhile now. Doomsday preppin'.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by MyOldKyDram View Post
    Wouldnt surprise me. Been stocking up on that for quite awhile now. Doomsday preppin'.
    Yeah, not the first time I've seen that rumor. May need to commandeer a case.
    That sure would be a bummer though.

Connoisseur

You decided to buy 200 bottles, but are only stocked for now?

Cut out the middle man. Just call BT and tell them you'll take all they can produce
    I may be drunk, but in the morning, I'll be sober and you'll still be ugly...WC

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Phil T View Post
    You decided to buy 200 bottles, but are only stocked for now?

Cut out the middle man. Just call BT and tell them you'll take all they can produce
    Too bad you can't get Weller 12 in the BT barrel program anymore.

Advanced Taster

If someone offers you $50 for your bottle of Weller 12, DO NOT take it. It will be worth $100 in a month!

Advanced Taster

People, I think things have gotten out of hand. You have to look in the mirror and decide if you want to a part of this irrational behavior anymore. I'm pretty close to just switching over and drinking Gin.

Connoisseur

I take what I hear from K&L with a grain of salt. A few months back they were saying it is/will be impossible to get BMH SmB, which is just not the case at other places (I just loved this bit: "Make sure you load up when it's here because it never lasts long. Doesn't that just make you want it more?".

Whether it be news of Weller 12, BMH, Jefferson's Ocean, "placeholder prices" on the BTEC, or talk of a possible VW/BTAC auction, remember that K&L are in the business of selling whiskey for profit. As such, they probably find it in their best interest, and profitability, to add fuel to the fire that has overtaken the bourbon market.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by LostBottle View Post
    I take what I hear from K&L with a grain of salt. A few months back they were saying it is/will be impossible to get BMH SmB, which is just not the case at other places (I just loved this bit: "Make sure you load up when it's here because it never lasts long. Doesn't that just make you want it more?".

Whether it be news of Weller 12, BMH, Jefferson's Ocean, "placeholder prices" on the BTEC, or talk of a possible VW/BTAC auction, remember that K&L are in the business of selling whiskey for profit. As such, they probably find it in their best interest, and profitability, to add fuel to the fire that has overtaken the bourbon market.
    I don't think we've ever spoken for anyone but ourselves. I haven't had any BMH since early October, so am I lying?

I should also add that this was a private email sent to K&L customers only. The "fear tactics" started when someone posted it to this message board. You didn't see K&L posting this on our site, trying to start a riot. We were merely saying that "we" would be running out shortly. That's a pretty different message than what this post is making it out to be.
    Last edited by David D; 12-02-2012 at 19:56.

Enthusiast

I received the email and thought that BT had a marketing agreement with the new Red Dawn movie...you know communists hate Weller 12, and to my surprise Coors Light. I guess the term bunker is correct in this instance.
    Jason
    "The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on"

2010 Fantasy Football Champion