Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Average Pappy prices?

I got a call from a local store the other day to tell me they got their Pappy in and I asked the prices. Here is what they were
    ORVW- $69.99
    Lot B- $99.99
    PVW 15- $159.99
    PVW 20- $209.99

I haven't ever bought any Pappy products and I thought these were high so I passed. So how did those prices compare with your local store?

Connoisseur

Average Pappy prices?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasongar8 View Post
    I got a call from a local store the other day to tell me they got their Pappy in and I asked the prices. Here is what they were
    ORVW- $69.99
    Lot B- $99.99
    PVW 15- $159.99
    PVW 20- $209.99

I haven't ever bought any Pappy products and I thought these were high so I passed. So how did those prices compare with your local store?
    Ok before everyone piles on let's leave it at a single response.

Jason, there have been several similar threads recently that are listing recent prices. The average retail prices did take a jump this year but not that much. Take a look at the PVW 23 thread for what others are seeing.

Re: Average Pappy prices?

Sorry about that. I'll read a little more before I ask anything else.

I have only been into bourbon for about six months so I didn't know about price hikes from last year.

A Mod. can close this if need be.

Advanced Taster

Virtuoso

ORVW- $69.99
    Lot B- $99.99
    PVW 15- $159.99
    PVW 20- $209.99

That's insanity. Yeah, it's good stuff but not worth bankrupting yourself. Keep looking, and in the meantime buy something that you'll probably enjoy just as much for a fraction of the price.
    -Brian-

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."
    -Agent Kay

Connoisseur

ORVW- $69.99
    Lot B- $99.99
    PVW 15- $159.99
    PVW 20- $209.99

Good targeted thread topic Jason. The pricing information regarding PVW is strewn over dozens of threads and your title helps zero in on specific pricing around the country. What has become a very apparent and large leap in retail prices for Van Winkle products this fall, this thread is quite appropriate and interesting.

Here in VA, the only VW product available is PVW20 thru special order, and even that is highly allocated to a trickle of cases entering the state. Last fall PVW20 was $109, this year the state controlled liquor monopoly is fetching $135 per bottle...which I guess is a bargain compared to many other areas.

Welcome to the journey Jason and thanks for contributing and for posting about such a popular topic, VW product. Those are some wildly high prices you have alerted us to.
    "There's nothing better than a fine dinner, a good bottle of whiskey and a bad girl"

Advanced Taster

Not sure if this thread will go anywhere, but I thought I'd offer my 2 cents FWIW.

Here in Ontario, liquor is not only state controlled, but also brutally taxed. On average, we pay about 50% premium over US prices (it varies from about 30% more to double in some cases). This summer, Pappy 20 was made available on a special order basis for $120. We didn't get any other Van Winkle products. The same special order offered this year's Stagg & ER17 for $100. Some years ORVW10/90 and/or Lot B show up on shelf, in minimal quantities. Last year they were available, at $55 and $72 respectively.

Our prices on a few other BT bottles, for reference: BT $40, ETL $55, ER10 $48, Baby Saz $45.

The moral of my story? We get hosed on the regular releases, but for whatever reason the allocated bottles are priced reasonably. Go figure.
    trying to walk a straight line,
    on sour mash and cheap wine

The average Pappy price........ is above average. Kinda says it all in a nutshell.
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Enthusiast

Saw some Lot B in the wild yesterday for $99.99.

At the same store where I bought all of my PVW20 for the same price less than two years ago.

Decided I'm good with the handful of ORVW107s, VWFRRs, PVW15s and PVW20s that I've got bunkered.
    "Delicious... bourbon. Brownest of the brown liquors... so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you?" -Lionel Hutz

Connoisseur

Around Columbia, PVW15 has gone for $80, Lot B $55, Saz 18 $55, and ER17 $65 this fall.