Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Advanced Taster

Re: Average Pappy prices?

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoys View Post
    If I was reasonable, I'd just stick with 4R for now. Great bourbon for the price.
    Might even be changing my avatar.?.?
    I'm a fan of the 4R as well. I'm relatively new to bourbon but yellow label is one that I keep re-buying. I've gone through a 2012 Limited Edition Single Barrel and bought another as well. I haven't opened the 2011 and 2012 Small Batches yet (only because I'm gifting them to my gf for Christmas), but I heard they are fabulous.

Back to your quote, Are you a reasonable man? =)

Cheers!

Disciple

I have resorted to asking store purchasing managers to add "sexual favors" in the "notes" column on the "Pappy List".

Average Pappy prices?

I'm just glad I spent a lot of time in the past few years hunting down my bottles. It's clearly much more difficult to obtain now and when you can find it much more expensive

Taster

I went to the liquor store yesterday and we got on the topic of Pappy. ““F” Pappy he said. I wish the whole F-in line would disappear. You have to call in all these favors to get a bottles and then they lie. And sure, they (not sure he meant Buffalo Trace or Julian Van Winkle) of got caught a little short. But you think when they get caught up the price will drop? Thieves, their all thieves.”

Guru

In the back of my mind there was a thought that when the Stitzel-Weller well finally runs dry the price of Pappy might drop a bit but that's too much to ask for.

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BourbonGuy View Post
    I went to the liquor store yesterday and we got on the topic of Pappy. F Pappy he said. I wish the whole F-in line would disappear. You have to call in all these favors to get a bottles and then they lie. And sure, they (not sure he meant Buffalo Trace or Julian Van Winkle) of got caught a little short. But you think when they get caught up the price will drop? Thieves, their all thieves.
    Well, somebody was missing some Christmas Cheer... That boy needs a hug!! He must have been Mayan...
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Guru

Think of the irony, he works in a liquor store and his wife won't let him drink.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by squire View Post
    Think of the irony, he works in a liquor store and his wife won't let him drink.
    Now that is sad. Wonder what he asks his wife for Christmas? "Dear Santa, please bring me a ...."