Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Virtuoso

Bourbon Country Herald (Bardstown Bourbon Society)

Today, the 13th of August, I got my Spring 2003 issue of the Bourbon Country Herald.

When did everyone else receive theirs?

Inside the newsletter there's an offer for EW SB coasters made from used bourbon barrel oak. The offer expired on June 12. Boy, I did get this newsletter late! (I wasn't interested in buying the coasters anyway, though I wish the craftsperson, featured in the newsletter, had her own web site so I could see the other things she makes.)

Enthusiast

Re: Bourbon Country Herald (Bardstown Bourbon Society)

CL,

That sure is timely! Now that you mention it, I don't think I've gotten mine yet, but hey, I'm all the way up here in NY!

Bob

Guru

I ordered those EWSB coasters months ago and they are very nice. They came from a shop or something that believe it or not was named after the Fighting Cock bourbon... The coasters had the ewsb logo burned into them and even had a nice wood almost burnt smell to them. If I can find the website again for them, I'll post it. Or maybe someone else knows it. Whenh they came, even the shipping box had fighting cock stickers put all over it!

I just got the web page where they can be ordered. It has the June date like you said, but I tried adding them to my cart and it worked. Mayb you can try it, and if they don't have anymore they will just contact you. Or, it says "Please call toll-free 1-866-THE-BIRD(843-2473) to place an order from outside the US or to inquire about expedited shipping." on the bottom of one of the pages. Try calling and see if they still have them for sale... Oh and that picture on the site does not do them justice. I'd take a pic of mine, but they are at Chris' house... We plan on using them when we build displays for each of us to display all the vintage's of the EWSB set thus far.

Virtuoso

Re: Bourbon Country Herald (Bardstown Bourbon Soci

I checked the web page before I posted and saw that they were still listed. I also was able to add them to my cart. That's when I noticed that the shipping was $5.95 for an order with a single set, bringing the total to $19.45. Ouch!.

As I mentioned in my original post, I wasn't interested in ordering them anyway. I am sure they look nice, which is why I am interested to see what other items the craftsperson makes.

Guru

Opps sorry then. I just reread your post and saw you said you were not going to order them. Upon first reading it for some reason I thought you said you were and then went on to say how you wanted to see what else they may have made... Here it is I thought I was helping Hey, maybe the info will be useful if someone else becomes interested in them.

Bourbonian of the Year 2003 and Super Moderator

Cl , I got mine on the 12th which isn't too good considering how much closer to Bardstown I am than You!

Disciple

Yep I got mine today as well.

Very Timely, I must say .
    LOL

TomC

Guru

CL,

Mine arrived today here in Long Beach, CA.

Since you've already taken the umbrage, I'll settle for a fit of pique.

Seriously, it's hard for me to understand why a marketing tool would be allowed to go awry as you described, and as I've now seen for myself.

The Manhattan recipe was interesting; it made me think of board member, One Cube Only. (I wonder whether his cube is made from distilled water, as required in the recipe.)

In the photo of the ceremonial bung tapping, do I see a tuft of red hair sticking up behind Max's left shoulder?

Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield

Virtuoso

In the photo of the ceremonial bung tapping, do I see a tuft of red hair sticking up behind Max's left shoulder?
    Very funny. If you do, then that red hair left the bottling room and snuck over to the barrel filling room. Then again, I think that red hair is everywhere around HH, the Getz, and B'town. It's hard to keep it pinned down in one place, it has so much energy.

Guru

Dave, now that you mentioned the pic of the ceremonial bung tapping, I know for sure I got this one a few months ago. At first I was thinking maybe it was a new mailer and they re-advertised the coasters again and my mailer would come soon. I wonder what the heck happened that some were sent out months ago and some people are just getting them now...