Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Guru

Re: Some tantalizing Irish Whiskey news

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasH View Post
    I wish Jameson would send some Crested Ten to the states. I also recently saw a duty free only bottling of Tullamore 12 available only in Germany. It is aged in sherry casks. The company building the equipment for the expansion in my shop is from Germany and approx. 20 German engineers working on the project go back home tommorrow for Christmas. One already reserved me a bottle at duty free for there return flight here on Jan. 7th. Merry Christmas to me!

Thomas
    Did you get your Tullamore Dew 12 yet? Is it different from the one at TPS? That is supposed to be a whiskey with a good portion from sherry casks as well.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Disciple

I picked up the bottle today. Haven't tried it yet but expect it to be different from the regular 12yr. which has whiskey aged in both sherry and bourbon barrels!

Thomas

Guru

I picked up the bottle today. Haven't tried it yet but expect it to be different from the regular 12yr. which has whiskey aged in both sherry and bourbon barrels!

Thomas
    I will be interested to hear what you think, especially if you have a regular TD 12 to compare it to.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Disciple

Regular Tullamore 12 is at the top of my Irish list so it will be fun to compare!

Thomas
    Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    I will be interested to hear what you think, especially if you have a regular TD 12 to compare it to.

Guru

Paddy's resurfaced here at one or two stores after an absence of quite some time. Grabbed a few litre bottles, as it goes down well when we're looking for a decent session pour.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Guru

Regular Tullamore 12 is at the top of my Irish list so it will be fun to compare!

Thomas
    If you get a chance a picture of the special 12yo would be great. Never know when a friend will be passing through Germany.

Bourbonian of the Year 2011

Of all the ones mentioned, one of the best, of those I tasted, was the first release of Irishman 70 with a creamy rich flavor. But subsequent bottlings were not as good IMO. Writers Tears never seemed as good to me despite the higher price and ditto for Green Spot.

Gary

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Gillman View Post
    Of all the ones mentioned, one of the best, of those I tasted, was the first release of Irishman 70 with a creamy rich flavor. But subsequent bottlings were not as good IMO. Writers Tears never seemed as good to me despite the higher price and ditto for Green Spot.

Gary
    I loved that original Irishman 70 as well and had my hands on a bottle on Saturday but put it back due to the large volume of other items I was buying. It's actually fairly hard to come by around here with the exception of some (though not all) of the Binny's stores in Chicagoland. I assume you've had the Irishman single malt as well?
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    I loved that original Irishman 70 as well and had my hands on a bottle on Saturday but put it back due to the large volume of other items I was buying. It's actually fairly hard to come by around here with the exception of some (though not all) of the Binny's stores in Chicagoland. I assume you've had the Irishman single malt as well?
    Don't know if the Irishman 70 and Single Malt I had was the earliest stuff. I did buy it when it first came into the market here. Still have a couple of bottles of the cask strength as well (the 2010, not 2009).

I find I prefer the Irishman 70 over, or at least equal to the SM, while it costs a good bit less. Didn't replace the SM when I finished it and I haven't noticied a change in the Irishman 70. But I just recently got a new bottle of the Irishman 70 and haven't opened it yet.

With the popularity of single pot still whiskey on the rise maybe they are having trouble getting what they want for their blend.
    Last edited by tanstaafl2; 01-14-2013 at 09:17.