Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 86
  1. #21
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Reston, VA
    Posts
    366

    Re: Threshold for Cracking Open A Special Bottle

    Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Dave View Post
    Well it is Tuesday so that would be good enough reason for me to pop one open. Hell I've even opened one on Wednesday one time.
    This is the exact response I was going to post. And if you need something to make a Tuesday more special, call your best friend and pop a special bottle.

  2. #22
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gwinnett Co., GA
    Posts
    700

    Re: Threshold for Cracking Open A Special Bottle

    I seem to have accumulated more "valued bottles" than I'll ever have valued bottle-worthy occasions, so I've lowered the threshold on what it takes to open one.

    For example, since today is 12-12-12, I've decided to open my 12th and last remaining bottle of GTS '12 at 12:12:12 and take 12 shots (one every 12 seconds).

    Depending on how this works, I've got plans for my bottles of PVW 23 for the 23rd.

    See you tomorrow.

  3. #23
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Tallahassee
    Posts
    1,400

    Re: Threshold for Cracking Open A Special Bottle

    The older I get the lower the threshold. I have come to realize noting is as special as a fun evening with close friends or family.

  4. #24
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Northville, MI
    Posts
    1,358

    Re: Threshold for Cracking Open A Special Bottle

    For the special bottles I have a few-

    I have one of those Pappy23s in the fancy bottle in the wood box that I am saving for my 50th.

    Both of my son's were born in Port vintage years so I have 6 or so bottles from each year that I am saving for special occasions like marriage, grandbabies and the like.

    Best regards, Tony

  5. #25
    Advanced Taster
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    237

    Re: Threshold for Cracking Open A Special Bottle

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
    I seem to have accumulated more "valued bottles" than I'll ever have valued bottle-worthy occasions, so I've lowered the threshold on what it takes to open one.

    For example, since today is 12-12-12, I've decided to open my 12th and last remaining bottle of GTS '12 at 12:12:12 and take 12 shots (one every 12 seconds).

    Depending on how this works, I've got plans for my bottles of PVW 23 for the 23rd.

    See you tomorrow.
    Sarcasm duly noted.

  6. #26
    Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    DelMarVa
    Posts
    1,867

    Re: Threshold for Cracking Open A Special Bottle

    Quote Originally Posted by sailor22 View Post
    The older I get the lower the threshold. I have come to realize noting is as special as a fun evening with close friends or family.
    This seems to be my though process as well. I like to believe I've got a long way to go, and I'll be one sad puppy if the private SB picks dry up and I don't have enough to last me 'til the end.

  7. #27
    Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    2,872

    Re: Threshold for Cracking Open A Special Bottle

    Quote Originally Posted by SMOWK View Post
    This seems to be my though process as well. I like to believe I've got a long way to go, and I'll be one sad puppy if the private SB picks dry up and I don't have enough to last me 'til the end.
    The end could be tomorrow, bro. Drink!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

  8. #28
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    948

    Re: Threshold for Cracking Open A Special Bottle

    Q: The threshold for cracking open a special bottle?

    A: Because it's there!

  9. #29
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Tallahassee
    Posts
    1,400

    Re: Threshold for Cracking Open A Special Bottle

    Quote Originally Posted by SMOWK View Post
    This seems to be my though process as well. I like to believe I've got a long way to go, and I'll be one sad puppy if the private SB picks dry up and I don't have enough to last me 'til the end.
    Also, I have realized all the "big" transitional events are done with ... well, except for one, and I while I might be there I won't be drinking.

  10. #30
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    914

    Re: Threshold for Cracking Open A Special Bottle

    Quote Originally Posted by sailor22 View Post
    Also, I have realized all the "big" transitional events are done with ... well, except for one, and I while I might be there I won't be drinking.
    Liver transplant?

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. What bottle did you open today?
    By clingman71 in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 11-12-2012, 22:33
  2. Advise wanted on how to open a bottle
    By Special Reserve in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-24-2011, 11:54
  3. Open Bottle Problem
    By Enoch in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-30-2011, 08:45
  4. Wine-Open Bottle
    By mrt in forum Non-Whiskey Alcohol
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-02-2007, 12:12
  5. Multiple Open Bottle..
    By mred in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-13-2007, 10:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top