Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Matt M

New to SB from LA

Hey everyone,

I'm really excited to join straightbourbon.com, I am not sure why I didn't earlier.

I'm a relatively new bourbon drinker from the west side of Los Angeles in my mid 20s. I drank jack n coke in college for years and after graduating read an article that got me to try Buffalo Trace, and it has been one big effort to try more and more whiskey.

I really like the brands from Buffalo Trace, specifically the main label and Weller line (getting through a bottle of the 12 year right now and I wish I had tried it sooner) as well as Four Roses. I also have become hooked on dusty hunting (currently trying to figure out the origin of a 4/5 quart of JW dant that mysteriously says it was distilled in California and Indiana) and whiskey/bourbon topics in general.

My friends and girlfriend have started rolling their eyes when I talk whiskey so I wanted to sign up for the forum to talk to other similarly crazed individuals who love the great American product.

Cheers

Matt in LA

Disciple

Re: New to SB from LA

Welcome to the board and sounds like you are off on the right foot.Weller and BT are both good mid-shelf pours and I hope you find your niche here and questions are always welcome.Matt,and by the way your friends and girlfriend might as well get used to your whiskey rants,because it will only get better for you and worse for them from here on out.Enjoy your time here at SB.
    "To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human."
    Larry Wachowski

Virtuoso

Good Day Matt and welcome from Michigan.

Best regards, Tony

Guru

Hey Matt, pull up a chair, you've come to the right place. That Dant sounds interesting, why don't you post some pictures over on the Bourbon discussion Board.

Enthusiast

Yeah, Welcome Matt. Whenever my gf asks me about a post I'm reading or a certain whisky I'm researching I always preface with "are you sure you really want to know?" or "how much do you really want to know?"... I still usually get stopped about halfway through.

You're in the right place, for sure. enjoy

Greetings, Matt!

Always great to have another Angeleno join SB. I would inbox you with a private greeting, especially to let you know about the tasting events me and my crew seem to be having, but it looks like you haven't enabled that feature in your preferences yet. We are slowly building a good group of people in the LA area (I'm in Miracle Mile and had a tasting at the crib 2 weeks ago, actually) so we're always happy to have another join the fold!

Talk to you soon, PM me if you'd like to link up at some point.

Cheers,

Brendan

Matt welcome you have come to the right place if you want to talk bourbon. There are a bunch of great guys here and they have a wealth of knowledge that they are happy to share. Better build a place to have a bunker because before long you will have one. Come join us in chat people are in there most every night I'm in the mornings during the week when I can find some to chat with.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Disciple

New to SB from LA

Welcome Matt! Love that Deadhead flask in your avatar. Like Paul said, come join us in chat sometime. Cheers!
    Jim

Guru

New to SB from LA

A hearty shout out from the PacNW
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Apprentice

thank you everyone for the welcome, really has been great getting to use the forum and threads this week