Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Enthusiast

James E Pepper 15 year?

Anyone had this? Any thoughts? I searched and saw some stuff on James E Pepper but could not tell if that was an age stated bourbon or NAS that was being discussed. Anyway, it is $60 for the 15 year. Just wondering if anyone has had it and has any notes on it.
    -SOB-

Disciple

Re: James E Pepper 15 year?

I only saw this listed one place online. I did purchase a bottle of the rye last week and it is good!

Thomas

Guru

I called a store today looking for some PHC 12 and they were pushing this stuff hard saying that it was a limited edition like the Parkers. When I asked where it was distilled the guy said "Indiana." Nobody has had this yet? I'm more inclined to spend $60 on the better part of two bottles of ETL than this.

Taster

I bought a bottle a few months ago and thought it was wretched stuff. Thin, lots of burning. I thought it was a joke that it is supposedly 15 years old. I stayed away from Smooth Ambler because I believe it is the same LDI bourbon

Guru

Thanks for the input. You are only the second person to try this apparently (on SB.) This guy said he had a good bottle and his friend got a rotgut bottle. http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...James-E-Pepper
    I will stear clear.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by smknjoe View Post
    Thanks for the input. You are only the second person to try this apparently (on SB.) This guy said he had a good bottle and his friend got a rotgut bottle. http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...James-E-Pepper
    I will stear clear.
    I am "this guy", and let's be clear- the bottles we had were the original release- not the 15 year old. Haven't tried it yet, and frankly not in a hurry to.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Happyhour24x7 View Post
    I am "this guy", and let's be clear- the bottles we had were the original release- not the 15 year old. Haven't tried it yet, and frankly not in a hurry to.
    Hey you, thanks for the correction. I assumed it was the 15. I didn't realize there were different ones. And I'm in no hurry to drop $60 on it either.

Novice

Got a bottle a couple of weeks ago. Maybe it's from a different batch, but I thougt it was excellent. For what it's worth, took it to a local highly resepected bourbon bar to share with the staff, and they thought it was excellent. Found this review - http://www.drinkhacker.com/2013/06/0...r-expressions/

Enthusiast

I also noticed this is now $100-$120 most places online. Pepper 15 is now more expensive than Pappy 15.
    -SOB-

Guru

There's always someone.