Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fun Finds.

Guru

Re: Fun Finds.

Yes, Woodford is made in a separate distillery from Old Forester (Early Times) but the owner (Brown Forman) mingles the two distillates together for the Woodford brand. At first Forester whisky was used to create a Woodford brand while the new made whisky from the renovated Labrot & Graham distillery was aging. The practice has continued at least partially to maintain the flavor profile created for Woodford.

My point is select (read 'honey') barrels of Old Forester are still being used to beef up the Woodford line thus diminishing the supply of the best stuff available for the Forester brand. While this will not stop me from using Forester it will prevent me from paying a premium for a bottle of Woodford.
    Last edited by squire; 12-15-2012 at 09:16.

Guru

Re: Fun Finds.

Quote Originally Posted by squire View Post
    Yes, Woodford is made in a separate distillery from Old Forester (Early Times) but the owner (Brown Forman) mingles the two distillates together for the Woodford brand. At first Forester whisky was used to create a Woodford brand while the new made whisky from the renovated Labrot & Graham distillery was aging. The practice has continued at least partially to maintain the flavor profile created for Woodford.

My point is select (read 'honey') barrels of Old Forester are still being used to beef up the Woodford line thus diminishing the supply of the best stuff available for the Forester brand. While this will not stop me from using Forester it will prevent me from paying a premium for a bottle of Woodford.
    Definitely (and obviously!) wasn't aware of that! Thought it was all from the Versailles distillery now. I appreciate the clarification.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum