Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Guru

Re: Jack Daniels Unaged Rye

We've heard the story but it is true . . . I was there, I saw it happen . . . standing in the parking lot at the Jack Daniels distillery I met tourists arriving for their very first visit already wearing the Jack Daniels cap and belt buckle.

Connoisseur

You have got to remember that white lightning is still popular down there. I can just hear folks now, this is Jack Daniels white lightning man, it is got to be good stuff.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ebo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    They're producing so little of it that they'll probably sell it all to the people who would buy piss for $50 a bottle if the label said 'Jack Daniel's.'
    Yep. It's the greatest whiskey on Earth, ya know.
    Hey, knock it off, you guys. Jack Daniel's is my FAVORITEST bourbon.

Guru

You and several gadzillion others . . . God I wish I had that hat franchise.

Guru

I tried it last night (A sample bottle from an industry connection, not the retail package) and I was fully prepared to dislike it. I was surprised that I didn't. Is it worth $50? Probably not. But it was quite interesting, even pleasant in a rather unique way and everyone there liked it. A very strong sour dough bready taste and not particularly rough to drink (of course I presume it has been charcoal filtered and the proof is cut with water way down to 40%ABV). A couple of talented bartenders there with us thought it had some real mixing possibilities as well.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Guru

I'm not sure I would even try this one on someone else's dime, it's just so offensive.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    I tried it last night (A sample bottle from an industry connection, not the retail package) and I was fully prepared to dislike it. I was surprised that I didn't. Is it worth $50? Probably not. But it was quite interesting, even pleasant in a rather unique way and everyone there liked it. A very strong sour dough bready taste and not particularly rough to drink (of course I presume it has been charcoal filtered and the proof is cut with water way down to 40%ABV). A couple of talented bartenders there with us thought it had some real mixing possibilities as well.
    There is almost nothing I won't try on somebody else's dime! Particularly an oddity like this. Especially since it is often my own dime I am trying them on. Gotta conserve where you can...

That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Guru

Of course I would try it for free, my hypocrisy only goes so far.

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Would somebody please look at the retail package and see if they're still calling it 'neutral spirit.' Better yet, post a picture.

That it's selling like hot cakes should surprise no one. Horse piss in a Jack Daniel's bottle would fly off the shelves too.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    Would somebody please look at the retail package and see if they're still calling it 'neutral spirit.' Better yet, post a picture.

That it's selling like hot cakes should surprise no one. Horse piss in a Jack Daniel's bottle would fly off the shelves too.
    I only saw a sample bottle with a simple printed text label. When it finally arrives here I will be happy to post a picture if no one else has. No idea when that will be though.