Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 62 of 170 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 1700
  1. #611
    Novice
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    19

    Re: What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 12/13

    Since John Hansell gave it American Whiskey of the year today, I'm having the last pour of my first bottle of the FR 2012 SmB while I watch Justified this evening. Really glad I picked up several of these and I hope I get lucky enough to come across another.

  2. #612
    Advanced Taster
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    115

    Re: What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 12/13

    Quote Originally Posted by smknjoe View Post
    I assume you are talking about wiskey rocks for chilling?
    Yes, my gf bought me the latex ice cube tray that holds 6 large ice cubes. Even if you're not a fan of the large cubes, I feel that the latex trays are the way to go. She also purchased a couple of molds that make large round cubes which are fun.

  3. #613
    Advanced Taster
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    115

    Re: What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 12/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikede1285 View Post
    Since John Hansell gave it American Whiskey of the year today, I'm having the last pour of my first bottle of the FR 2012 SmB while I watch Justified this evening. Really glad I picked up several of these and I hope I get lucky enough to come across another.
    I do enjoy this bourbon as well. However, I must admit I do add quite a bit of water. I found a few bottles at a local store last week so I grabbed another to hold me over until the 2013 comes out. =) Always optimistic.

  4. #614
    Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,460

    Re: What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 12/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Curtisc84 View Post
    Yes, my gf bought me the latex ice cube tray that holds 6 large ice cubes. Even if you're not a fan of the large cubes, I feel that the latex trays are the way to go. She also purchased a couple of molds that make large round cubes which are fun.
    I thought you were referring to actual rocks not ice. I heard someone else refer to "a rock" and I thought you both were talking about something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Teroforma-1220.../dp/B002GZX2DE

  5. #615
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    429

    Re: What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 12/13

    Had a neat pour of the Henry McKenna 10-Year-Old Single Barrel Bourbon last night. So aggressively spicy that it lasted for almost an entire movie. Small sips, small sips....
    "Delicious... bourbon. Brownest of the brown liquors... so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you?" -Lionel Hutz

  6. #616
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    1,317

    Re: What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 12/13

    4 Roses Yellow Label. Stopped by the store to get some wine for my wife and couldn't help but leave with something for me. I'd not had the modern iteration of YL and I was expecting it to be thinner. Probably one of the best 80 proofers I have tasted.
    Life's too short, and there's too much good whiskey within reach.

  7. #617
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    451

    Re: What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 12/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Brisko View Post
    4 Roses Yellow Label. Stopped by the store to get some wine for my wife and couldn't help but leave with something for me. I'd not had the modern iteration of YL and I was expecting it to be thinner. Probably one of the best 80 proofers I have tasted.
    The FRYL is $16 by me, and it is one I always keep around. It is not something I would generally reach for this time of year, but it is a great bourbon to whip out when just kicking back on the weekend with some friends or when you just want an easy drinker. Too bad they can't get the proof up a bit though.

  8. #618
    Advanced Taster
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    174

    Re: What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 12/13

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey r View Post
    The FRYL is $16 by me, and it is one I always keep around. It is not something I would generally reach for this time of year, but it is a great bourbon to whip out when just kicking back on the weekend with some friends or when you just want an easy drinker. Too bad they can't get the proof up a bit though.
    I would buy this more often if the proof was higher, but I find it quite useful as a 'gateway bourbon' for friends who want to drink something besides JBW/JD but don't know where to start.

  9. #619
    Taster
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    70

    Re: What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 12/13

    Picked up a bottle of Larceny and cracked it open. A very nice wheater, enjoyable both neat & over ice. I preferred it with just a few cubes rather than a full glass of ice. I liked it better than Makers Mark, although not as much as Weller's Antique. A nice addition to the cabinet & one I will certainly buy again. Thanks to HH for putting out a quality product at a fair price point.

  10. #620
    Advanced Taster
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago 'burbs
    Posts
    101

    Re: What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 12/13

    During her visit to Madison, WI, my lovely wife bought me a bottle of locally made Yahara Bay whiskey, and it is plain awful. Has to be the worst whiskey I've had. It's the thought that counts, so I let her stay. haha

    I can't find much info on it other than it being a four grain whiskey, but it can't be more than a year or two old. Tried to make an old fashioned, heavy on the bitters last night, and its youth still managed to rear its ugly head.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. What bourbon are you drinking in Australia? - Winter 2011
    By Stones in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 08-26-2011, 16:21
  2. What Beer are you drinking - Winter '10/'11
    By HipFlask in forum Non-Whiskey Alcohol
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 03-22-2011, 17:55
  3. What bourbon are you drinking? - Winter 2010/11
    By callmeox in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 976
    Last Post: 03-21-2011, 11:06
  4. What Bourbon Are You Drinking Winter '08/'09
    By Virus_Of_Life in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 695
    Last Post: 03-20-2009, 12:50
  5. What are you drinking tonight? (Winter '07)
    By CrispyCritter in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 628
    Last Post: 04-09-2007, 21:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top