Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 22 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Advanced Taster

Re: What bourbon did you purchase today? - Winter 2012/2013

I bought a CEHT SmB this afternoon. Enjoying it as I watch my Bronocs. It is one cold day in Denver so I hope this keeps me warm.

Purchased the Larceny (with $10 rebate). Hard to pass up with that offer and may even pour me a glass tonight for the late game.

Enthusiast

I didn't buy any bourbon today, because I can't find anything to buy! LA feels like a dry county now. Just last year it was nothing like this, but now pretty much every aged bourbon or rye is gone from shelves. Even the good places had no choice but to fill their shelves with over priced crap micro distillers. My frustration is really starting to boil over after another day making rounds and coming up empty. I swear I'm going to kick the next worker that recommends Templeton to me in the nuts. Why is it always that one?!

Enthusiast

I liked the Larceny well enough to buy a handle today -- $39.99 before the $20 mail-in rebate and the $5 Binny's spirit and wine coupon brought it down to a very nice price.
    "Delicious... bourbon. Brownest of the brown liquors... so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you?" -Lionel Hutz

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by compliance View Post
    I swear I'm going to kick the next worker that recommends Templeton to me in the nuts. Why is it always that one?!
    I hear you. Don't know why that is other than it's a fad bottle right now. Just about every clerk who's said it to me has been 20-25 yrs of age. I think they've bought the goods on some of these faddish bottlings. A couple of times I've asked them if they have tried THH or Ritt BIB...got a quizzical look in return...LOL
    "I think I'll just stay here and drink"
    .....Merle Haggard

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by compliance View Post
    I didn't buy any bourbon today, because I can't find anything to buy! LA feels like a dry county now. Just last year it was nothing like this, but now pretty much every aged bourbon or rye is gone from shelves. Even the good places had no choice but to fill their shelves with over priced crap micro distillers. My frustration is really starting to boil over after another day making rounds and coming up empty. I swear I'm going to kick the next worker that recommends Templeton to me in the nuts. Why is it always that one?!
    But it has to be good, it's what Capone preferred to drink.........

B
    "Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die."

Disciple

The absence of OGD114 was corrected yesterday from my liquor cabinet for a modest $19.99.
    "To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human."
    Larry Wachowski

Disciple

Picked up a couple bottles of Four Roses OBSK 14yr 2mo from the gift shop yesterday...I really enjoy these well aged offerings from Jim R as they're very different from the other FR's bottles. I also took delivery of the rest of the Willett bottles from our selections last sampler...KBD certainly doesn't break any land speed records for bottling but they have some great bourbon in house. I added 3 bottles of 8yr wheated and 1 more 9yr Rye'd bourbon!
    You can find me in chat most nights on days ending with the letter y!

Guru

I suspect the clerks are well meaning for the most part but will remain uninformed. It's in the store owner's interest to push such products as templeton because the more we spend the more profit the store makes. Same for the distributors. So long as the money tree keeps blooming things will stay the same.

Guru

It's one of my favorite things about TPS. Extremely knowledgable, and I've never seen an employee there try and upsell anyone. To the contrary, the clerk yesterday was doing everything he could to dissuade this couple from some higher end bourbons in favor of the OWA 107.