Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: Christmas bottles

Oh, lordie, this WT talk made me overlook a "gift" -- a bud of mine who doesn't know bourbon brought a handle of WT81 to our holiday party in early December. Pretty sure that one will go unopened for many, many years unless my college-era love of the 7&7 returns....
    "Delicious... bourbon. Brownest of the brown liquors... so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you?" -Lionel Hutz

Guru

Go ahead Steve, it deserves a decent burial.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by The Boozer View Post
    I agree. I suspect that some of the 6-8 year old juice went into WT81 and WT101 is now all 4-6 year bourbon. Tastes young-ish and hot. Only looking to purchase old labels, the newest "dusty".

Sticking to the thread, I got "nuthin" this Xmas.

Agreed, I pick the handles up whenever I see them, the 750s are still very common around my area and will be around for a while.

Christmas giftcard was used to pick up an ODG 114

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by stevegoz View Post
    Oh, lordie, this WT talk made me overlook a "gift" -- a bud of mine who doesn't know bourbon brought a handle of WT81 to our holiday party in early December. Pretty sure that one will go unopened for many, many years unless my college-era love of the 7&7 returns....
    Hmmm... You could keep it around for parties where you can set out a bottom-shelfer to keep the expensive whiskies safe. You could re-gift it to a grad student hard up for whiskey money. If it still has an original price tag with a store name, the selling store might take back the "mistake" and credit you towards a much nicer bottle.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Kalessin View Post
    Hmmm... You could keep it around for parties where you can set out a bottom-shelfer to keep the expensive whiskies safe. You could re-gift it to a grad student hard up for whiskey money. If it still has an original price tag with a store name, the selling store might take back the "mistake" and credit you towards a much nicer bottle.
    Good advices!
    "Delicious... bourbon. Brownest of the brown liquors... so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you?" -Lionel Hutz

Disciple

Somehow a bottle of Centennial made it under the tree this year. Thanks Honey!
    ~Robert BTOTY #2 2009

GBS Member - 2011 Indoctrination

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by DeanSheen View Post

Somehow a bottle of Centennial made it under the tree this year. Thanks Honey!
    Very Cool. I'd like to guzzle a bunch at the gazebo. Tell your lovely wife that WE appreciate it.
    "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero"
    T. Durden

Enthusiast

Late arrival! We had breakfast with another couple today, and our belated Christmas gifts included a bottle of the Willett Family Estate 6 year old Cask Strength Bourbon Binny's handpicked.

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Late arrivals here, too. A Blanton's, a Rock Hill Farms, and a Belle Meade Bourbon from my big brother. One and two need not a word of comment, as they are two of the finest whiskies on the planet, other than my Christmas gift to him was even cooler!!! But I'll tell ya, the Belle Meade is a nice bourbon, itself. A lot more guts to it than I expected. Interestingly enough, I've always given a good WTF? when folks have described the LDI ryes as having a dill thing going on. Never got that. But, a subtle dill note hit me on this Belle Meade bourbon. Crazy, but it's there! It's not off-putting, but it is strange...I dig on house styles. Maybe, this is one for LDI? Just, dont' overdo it boys...

Plus, got the coolest silver stag deerhead bottle cork topper. It now sits handsomely atop a 2004 George T. Stagg...Dang looks good!!!
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Not a late arrival. Just late posting pics. I received a gift from my grand daughter for Christmas. It was a "bottle" that she made with a little help from my DIL. Cheers! Joe
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"