Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 460
  1. #151
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    810

    What beer are you drinking? Winter 12/13

    Hopslam, hibernation ale, rumble, Sam Adams noble pils, Sam Adams IPA, Old 21 and a pint of miller lite. Now to go post in the what bourbon are you drinking forum. Going to be a rough morning.


    Mike

  2. #152
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    769

    Re: What beer are you drinking? Winter 12/13

    Started the evening with a Laughing Dog Brewing "The Dogfather". Over carbonated, too much green oak, not much Bourbon flavor. Where did they source their barrels, Jim Beam and the spent barrels that make up Devils Cut? Almost a drain pour but I manned up and drank the bomber. Turned to quality Bourbon pours post haste!
    "There's nothing better than a fine dinner, a good bottle of whiskey and a bad girl"

  3. #153
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    435

    Re: What beer are you drinking? Winter 12/13

    Quote Originally Posted by HP12 View Post
    Started the evening with a Laughing Dog Brewing "The Dogfather". Over carbonated, too much green oak, not much Bourbon flavor. Where did they source their barrels, Jim Beam and the spent barrels that make up Devils Cut? Almost a drain pour but I manned up and drank the bomber. Turned to quality Bourbon pours post haste!
    Yeah -- I renamed that one "The Dogwater" when I tried it last year. It was my first bad barrel-aged stout. (The Bourbon Barrel Stout from Bluegrass Brewing Company was my second.)
    "Delicious... bourbon. Brownest of the brown liquors... so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you?" -Lionel Hutz

  4. #154
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    810

    What beer are you drinking? Winter 12/13

    Quote Originally Posted by stevegoz View Post
    Yeah -- I renamed that one "The Dogwater" when I tried it last year. It was my first bad barrel-aged stout. (The Bourbon Barrel Stout from Bluegrass Brewing Company was my second.)
    Not a fan if the bluegrass brewing stout myself.


    Mike

  5. #155
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    769

    Re: What beer are you drinking? Winter 12/13

    Quote Originally Posted by stevegoz View Post
    Yeah -- I renamed that one "The Dogwater" when I tried it last year. It was my first bad barrel-aged stout. (The Bourbon Barrel Stout from Bluegrass Brewing Company was my second.)
    "Dogwater"...good one. Like you, it was my first really bad barrel aged stout.
    "There's nothing better than a fine dinner, a good bottle of whiskey and a bad girl"

  6. #156
    Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Just East of the Big Chicken, GA
    Posts
    6,132

    Re: What beer are you drinking? Winter 12/13

    Finishing my last bottle of SA Winter Lager. As in years past, I have enjoyed drinking this one over the Winter months. Though I'll look, I don't expect to find much more, because to my surprise, I saw a display for the Alpine Spring seasonal at the store the other day. Mid-January? Really, y'all? At this rate, we're going to see the four major SA Seasonals released just twice per year...Strictly on the principle of the thing, I will not drink the Alpine Spring until March 1...or a 72 degree sunny day in latish February...I never said my principles were unassailable...
    JOE

    Wag more.
    Bark less.

    "Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

  7. #157
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    1,274

    Re: What beer are you drinking? Winter 12/13

    A little Bell's Two Hearted Ale this evening. One of my all-time favorite beers.

  8. #158
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    435

    Re: What beer are you drinking? Winter 12/13

    Finally (after all of a week or so) downed my first FW Velvet Merlin oatmeal stout this eve. (They just released this and two other sixers in Chicago.)

    Silky smooth goodness in a glass.
    "Delicious... bourbon. Brownest of the brown liquors... so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you?" -Lionel Hutz

  9. #159
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    460

    Re: What beer are you drinking? Winter 12/13

    Quote Originally Posted by stevegoz View Post
    Finally (after all of a week or so) downed my first FW Velvet Merlin oatmeal stout this eve. (They just released this and two other sixers in Chicago.)

    Silky smooth goodness in a glass.
    The Velvet Merlin is an excellent beer.

    I went with the Firestone Walker 16th Anniversary tonight. These guys have mastered the barrel aging and blending process. I don't think any other brewery is doing what they do and FW is on top of their game IMO. I also got some Double Jack the other day that was 6 days old. Yet another excellent brew from FW.

  10. #160
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    435

    Re: What beer are you drinking? Winter 12/13

    Quote Originally Posted by BradleyC View Post
    The Velvet Merlin is an excellent beer.

    I went with the Firestone Walker 16th Anniversary tonight. These guys have mastered the barrel aging and blending process. I don't think any other brewery is doing what they do and FW is on top of their game IMO. I also got some Double Jack the other day that was 6 days old. Yet another excellent brew from FW.
    Have you had Velvet Merkin, the barrel-aged Merlin? Outstanding. I only had a sip of it at FOBAB, but look forward to the promised wider distro this year (though I don't know if it will be bottled). I'm a huge fan of the FW anniversary beers (gotta love a beer that comes with the beer equivalent of an MSDS), Abacus/Sucaba and Parabola. Got a few of each squirreled away in the basement laundry room, er, "cellar."
    "Delicious... bourbon. Brownest of the brown liquors... so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you?" -Lionel Hutz

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. What Beer Are You Drinking? - Winter 2011/2012
    By jcg9779 in forum Non-Whiskey Alcohol
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: 03-20-2012, 09:16
  2. What Beer are you drinking - Winter '10/'11
    By HipFlask in forum Non-Whiskey Alcohol
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 03-22-2011, 18:55
  3. What Beer are you Drinking - Winter 09/10
    By HipFlask in forum Non-Whiskey Alcohol
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 16:41
  4. What beer are you drinking Winter '08/'09
    By barturtle in forum Non-Whiskey Alcohol
    Replies: 219
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 06:57
  5. What are you drinking tonight? (Winter '07)
    By CrispyCritter in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 628
    Last Post: 04-09-2007, 22:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top