Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Guru

Re: What beer are you drinking? Winter 12/13

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    Fuller's ESB on tap last night during the Bulleit love fest at the always fun Mac McGee's. Amazed at the huge crowd that turned out. Got too big for me eventually.
    Fuller's ESB on tap? I'm green with envy. I haven't seen that on tap around here in many years.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Guru

Great Lakes Commodore Perry IPA for me last night. I love virtually all the GL beers and this is the one that turned me on to the brewery in the first place. Still one of the finest American IPA's out there in my book.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    Fuller's ESB on tap? I'm green with envy. I haven't seen that on tap around here in many years.
    I think that is what is was. A Fuller's something on tap and I am pretty sure it was the ESB. What ever it was it was good! The place was packed tight and super noisy so my memory is not too clear.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

I think that is what is was. A Fuller's something on tap and I am pretty sure it was the ESB. What ever it was it was good! The place was packed tight and super noisy so my memory is not too clear.
    Yep Bruce, it was the ESB. I almost got one myself.

Hank, you need to make a trip to ATL, and we'll all head over to Mac McGee's. We'll buy, and introduce you to the Goat!
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post

Hank, you need to make a trip to ATL, and we'll all head over to Mac McGee's. We'll buy, and introduce you to the Goat!
    Good to know! Guess I still have a few neurons left that are talking to one another! For the moment...
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post

That would be great, Joe. I'd be honored to visit with the 'lanta crew and jam on some beer, booze and great Southern cuisine. I've only heard of McGee's here on SB but it sure sounds terrific. But introducing me to The Goat? Hmm. Is that some kinda trick you guys play on Yankees just to snap some embarrassing and potentially compromising photographs?

Guru

Fuller's and Young's were the last two classic independent London breweries, dating back more than a century. Sadly, Young's closed the Ram Brewery in Wandsworth (southwest London) back in 2006 or so and now Fuller's is the last man standing. I never see their beer on tap anymore but drink their bottled products every chance I get, in part because they deserve to be supported so that they don't get bought out by some conglomerate. More importantly, their beer is great and is particularly good when found in cask condition, but I'll drink their ESB any way I can get it.

Guru

With the warm(ish) weather just around the corner, I continue to move back towards the pale ales and IPA's after a long winter of Scotch ales, porters and stouts. Last night I checked out Bear Republic's Racer 5 and was very pleased. I enjoyed the pronounced hop nose and firm, malty body. Can't believe I passed on this one for long.

Enthusiast

18th Street Brewery Sinister DIPA. An okay DIPA. Not as much bitterness as I usually like.

Disciple

Epic Santa Cruz Brown Ale last night,not at all what I was expecting quite nice.
    "To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human."
    Larry Wachowski