Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
    Novice

Re: What beer are you drinking? Winter 12/13

The rotation in the kegerator is Heavy Seas Loose Cannon, DuClaw HellRazer, (both local MD brews), or Victory Hop Devil, which is brewed in PA. The current keg is the Victory.

We just got back from Mt. Snow, VT, and I brought back an Otter Creek sampler, (w/Black IPA, Winter Red Ale & Copper Ale), some Long Trail IPA and a couple of IPA's from Wolaver's,(sp?). I also bought a 12-pack of something from Genesee. It's a Fall Heritage Collection which includes Fyfe & Drum, Red Lager & 12-Horse Ale. I thought that Genesee only brewed cream ale and regular lager. I'm working through the Genesee tonight. I'm not going to lie...I thought the Genesee would be pretty awful....surprisingly enough, it ain't half-bad...especiall for $4.99!

Vermont is a great state for craft beers. Every bar seems to have at least 12 taps, and many of them are some amazing local brews.

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Spent the day wandering around the frozen tundra of Atlantic Station at the Beer, Bourbon and Barbeque Festival. The highlight beer for me was the Southern Tier Oat, Imperial Oat Stout. Maybe, it was simply the frigid weather and occasional snow flurry, but this big dark brew hit the spot. Wonderful stuff.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Disciple

What beer are you drinking? Winter 12/13

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    Spent the day wandering around the frozen tundra of Atlantic Station at the Beer, Bourbon and Barbeque Festival. The highlight beer for me was the Southern Tier Oat, Imperial Oat Stout. Maybe, it was simply the frigid weather and occasional snow flurry, but this big dark brew hit the spot. Wonderful stuff.
    I rode my bike outside for hours today and it's snowing in Georgia? World's on its end.

On topic: I'm drinking a Uinta Hop Notch IPA. Should be showing up in cans in a couple weeks and I'm excited about that.
    Jim

Trippah and Admin

I solved my monkey beer shortage with a trip to the beverage store and they have just reached drinking temperature.

Cheers!
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Enthusiast

Odell's IPA...... Its just about all I will drink anymore. If you havent had it, try it, if you cant get it, bummer.
    "You can't claim to have been drinkin all day if you don't start first thing in the mornin."

Quote Originally Posted by callmeox View Post
    I solved my monkey beer shortage with a trip to the beverage store and they have just reached drinking temperature.

Cheers!
    Ooooooohhhh, Monkey Beer!!!! One of my faves!
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

Quote Originally Posted by HighInTheMtns View Post
    I rode my bike outside for hours today and it's snowing in Georgia? World's on its end.

On topic: I'm drinking a Uinta Hop Notch IPA. Should be showing up in cans in a couple weeks and I'm excited about that.
    Jim, I think the saying goes...March comes in like a Lion, and goes out like a Lamb! I'm gettin' impatient for the Lamb to show up, I'll admit...

Fuller's ESB in the glass now, here in the cozy confines of my Dixie Igloo...
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

Disciple

Settled in tonight with a Unita Cockeyed Cooper Barley Wine anticipating the next winter storm ready to drop its bomb starting tomorrow night.I can't wait for green grass and warmth,the snow needs to go it's March already!
    Last edited by WAINWRIGHT; 03-02-2013 at 19:22.
    "To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human."
    Larry Wachowski

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    Jim, I think the saying goes...March comes in like a Lion, and goes out like a Lamb! I'm gettin' impatient for the Lamb to show up, I'll admit...

Fuller's ESB in the glass now, here in the cozy confines of my Dixie Igloo...
    You need some company, Joe. And despite having a mild winter overall, these last ten days have been a drag. I can't wait to sit outside again with a couple of drinks and catch a snooze in the hammock while listening to a baseball game on the radio. Bring on that lamb ASAP!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Connoisseur

What beer are you drinking? Winter 12/13

I gad a triple bag was a brewery in Vermont last night. I wish it were available here!!!

Mike