Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Virtuoso

Re: What beer are you drinking? Winter 12/13

Quote Originally Posted by thiemb View Post
    How is the Hopslam? The guy at my liquor store said some was coming in next week.
    Highly recommended, one of my favorites, I usually get a case so I can enjoy it throughout the year.

Best regards, Tony

Guru

Let's see...in addition to the Zombie Dust, had a great Lakes Eliot Ness, Sixpoint Sweet Action, Brooklyn Monster Ale Barleywine, and a 120 minute IPA. Plus some great food from the Athenian Grill. Good night.

Connoisseur

Bell's Amber Ale as I try to figure out what bourbon to drink on this warm Atlanta night.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DaveOfAtl View Post
    Bell's Amber Ale as I try to figure out what bourbon to drink on this warm Atlanta night.
    Kalamazoo Stout for me tonight but the Amber is one of many strays lurking in the back of the beer fridge. With our local temps, we've been drinking lots of porter and stout lately but I guess your balmy weather would have you lucky folks leaning more towards lighter ales and pilsners. The Amber Ale falls nicely in the middle.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    Kalamazoo Stout for me tonight but the Amber is one of many strays lurking in the back of the beer fridge. With our local temps, we've been drinking lots of porter and stout lately but I guess your balmy weather would have you lucky folks leaning more towards lighter ales and pilsners. The Amber Ale falls nicely in the middle.
    I think I've liked every Bell's beer that I've tried. The amber is going down really easy tonight. Finishing another one, and then on to some EC18 after dinner.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DaveOfAtl View Post
    I think I've liked every Bell's beer that I've tried. The amber is going down really easy tonight. Finishing another one, and then on to some EC18 after dinner.
    Bell's certainly is a great brewery. I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite, though there was a time when Oberon was at the top of the list. I can't put my finger on it but it seems to be less full flavored to me these last two years, though still excellent on a hot summer day.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    Bell's certainly is a great brewery.
    And as Oscar can affirm, from our visit last year...one heck of a great tour guide too .
    Thad

BTOTY-2011

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by aea6574 View Post
    Highly recommended, one of my favorites, I usually get a case so I can enjoy it throughout the year.

Best regards, Tony
    Thanks Tony. I'm a big fan of IPAs and DIPAs so I'll probably pick some up this week and try it out. It sounds awesome.

Disciple

What beer are you drinking? Winter 12/13

Drank some hoppy beer tonight, Epic Imperial IPA, Victory Hop Devil, Founders Red's Rye PA.
    Jim

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by T Comp View Post
    And as Oscar can affirm, from our visit last year...one heck of a great tour guide too .
    For the life of me, I can't understand why my friends and I haven't made the Michigan microbrewery pilgrimage, given how relatively close Bells and a few others are. And now the same can be said for Three Floyds too. One cool thing we're planning on doing soon is heading out to the Roundhouse to drink some Two Brothers, as the train is a block and a half from my house and deposits you right at the brewpub. Not bad, eh?