Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

What Did You Pass Up Today? Winter '12/'13

Quote Originally Posted by Curtisc84 View Post
    Is this the wooden box with Bakers, Bookers, and Basil Hayden with the saying "the proof is in the bourbon" on it?
    It also had knob creek in it... It was in a wooden display that was wrapped in plastic so I couldn't look at it up close

Enthusiast

Re: What Did You Pass Up Today? Winter '12/'13

Stopped by Binny's and saw the EWSB 2003 for the first time. I was looking for something else though so I passed today, but I'm sure I'll grab some eventually. It was Binnys so I passed on a lot of other good stuff too, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Guru

Passed up good ol' FR1B at $28 a bottle simply because of the amount of single malt scotch I was buying at the time. Heretical, I know!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    Passed up good ol' FR1B at $28 a bottle simply because of the amount of single malt scotch I was buying at the time. Heretical, I know!
    Hank, your whiskirexia nervosa is taking on a mutant form, that there is no known cure for!!
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    Hank, your whiskirexia nervosa is taking on a mutant form, that there is no known cure for!!
    I know, Joe. If they developed some sort of flu-like vaccine for my affliction, I'm afraid I'd have to go into hiding to avoid it. WN and all of its mutant permutations is one disease I'm happy to live with!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

3 Willett 21's and 3 2012 Handy's. Might have pulled the trigger if there was just 1 left. Might go back this weekend

Connoisseur

I passed up EVERYTHING at the local BevMo, today. Wife called to see if I'd like to meet for lunch. Yes, of course. But really, I'd planned on just walking the aisles to see if anything new had come in, perhaps the new release EWSB.

Guru

Was offered and passed on the Bulleit 10 today. I think I will try to find a place to try this one before committing to buying it. Might even compare it to the standard FR SB or small batch and see if it is worth the price difference first based on the reviews to date.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    Was offered and passed on the Bulleit 10 today. I think I will try to find a place to try this one before committing to buying it. Might even compare it to the standard FR SB or small batch and see if it is worth the price difference first based on the reviews to date.
    Good news! You can have it at the next GBS Meet-up in February!! I just picked up a bottle of it an hour ago, and after lemon-pepper, The Boss, and Ranchilada Wings, 6 different beers, a Wild Turkey, Maker's, and 2 cigars...I can tell you...that...it's....OK!!!!!!!
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Advanced Taster

Passed on two bottles of JPS18 Batch #17 today. Shelf price was $93.99, but after taxes in Washington that equals $116.09. It's my understanding that the SW juice is Batch #13 and below. I have a bottle of Batch #8 and, truth be told, I have not be very impressed by it. Also, I paid a total of $77.18 for that bottle, so paying a 50% premium from the price I already paid for something I'm not a big fan of doesn't make much sense.