Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 351
  1. #131
    Advanced Taster
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    185

    Re: What Did You Pass Up Today? Winter '12/'13

    Passed on a bottle of 4Rs LE SmB 2011. may go back and get it so I can compare with the LE 2012.

  2. #132
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    337

    Re: What Did You Pass Up Today? Winter '12/'13

    Passed on some Bulleit 10, JPS 18, ER17 '10, THH '09, FR LE SmB 2011, OFBB '12 in my searching today.

  3. #133
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Piqua OH
    Posts
    844

    Re: What Did You Pass Up Today? Winter '12/'13

    Yesterday passed on '12 FR's LE SB for $100, and WTAS for $130. I loves me some of the Four Roses, but a hundo is just too much. The American Spirit is a total unknown, so I passed.
    The liver is evil. It must be punished...

  4. #134
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    3,039

    Re: What Did You Pass Up Today? Winter '12/'13

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil T View Post
    Yesterday passed on '12 FR's LE SB for $100, and WTAS for $130. I loves me some of the Four Roses, but a hundo is just too much. The American Spirit is a total unknown, so I passed.
    I would have passed on both of those for those prices.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

  5. #135
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    678

    Re: What Did You Pass Up Today? Winter '12/'13

    I saw the new EH Taylor Small Batch BIB for 39.99, but have had trouble finding any reviews. Has anyone here had it?
    There are two ways of getting home; and one of them is to stay there. - GK Chesterton

  6. #136
    Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Jackson, MS
    Posts
    12,136

    Re: What Did You Pass Up Today? Winter '12/'13

    I'd like to here more about that one as well, the price is getting down to my curiosity range.

  7. #137
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    337

    Re: What Did You Pass Up Today? Winter '12/'13

    Quote Originally Posted by squire View Post
    I'd like to here more about that one as well, the price is getting down to my curiosity range.
    I've got a bottle and I probably won't be getting another one. I've had a couple pours and its got some interesting spices to it, but to me its dry and chalky. I found some sweeter notes with a little water. It's still a new bottle though so I'm hoping that it will open up some.

  8. #138
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    1,424

    Re: What Did You Pass Up Today? Winter '12/'13

    Quote Originally Posted by Parkersback View Post
    I saw the new EH Taylor Small Batch BIB for 39.99, but have had trouble finding any reviews. Has anyone here had it?
    It's not the most complex whiskey I've tried, but it does have a lot going on and tastes very good. If you've had the Tornado or Barrel Proof, you'll know roughly what to expect from the profile. I think the price is about right and picked up a second bottle.
    -Brian-

    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."
    -Agent Kay

  9. #139
    Advanced Taster
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago 'burbs
    Posts
    104

    Re: What Did You Pass Up Today? Winter '12/'13

    Quote Originally Posted by Parkersback View Post
    I saw the new EH Taylor Small Batch BIB for 39.99, but have had trouble finding any reviews. Has anyone here had it?
    It hasn't gotten much love around here, but I really like it. The color is amazing. It has to be the darkest 7 year old I've seen. The nose isn't special, but the palette is oily and very much Buffalo Trace, but on a good night I get some woody, dark cherry, Stagg-like notes, along with a touch of the Old Taylor butterscotch.

    It's been almost a year since I've had the Tornado, so I can't compare the two. I had refused to pay $75 for any of the previous editions, but they got me at this price. I'll definitely be picking up more of these.

    -Steve

  10. #140
    Taster
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    50

    Re: What Did You Pass Up Today? Winter '12/'13

    Quote Originally Posted by drunk View Post
    It hasn't gotten much love around here, but I really like it. The color is amazing. It has to be the darkest 7 year old I've seen. The nose isn't special, but the palette is oily and very much Buffalo Trace, but on a good night I get some woody, dark cherry, Stagg-like notes, along with a touch of the Old Taylor butterscotch.

    It's been almost a year since I've had the Tornado, so I can't compare the two. I had refused to pay $75 for any of the previous editions, but they got me at this price. I'll definitely be picking up more of these.

    -Steve
    Thats really good to hear. I have also been considering picking one up and I think you just convinced me. I would love to find something with more than a touch of the butterscotch though. Guess I could just buy some of the candy and put it in there myself. LOL!
    Richard

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. What did you pass up today? Autumn '12
    By Tucker in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 384
    Last Post: 12-31-2012, 15:40
  2. What did you pass up today? Summer 2012
    By Tico in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 222
    Last Post: 10-19-2012, 11:49
  3. What Did You Pass Up Today? Winter/Spring 2012
    By CaptainQ in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 564
    Last Post: 06-24-2012, 06:18
  4. What Did You Pass Up Today? Fall 2010-Winter/Spring 2011
    By fishnbowljoe in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 321
    Last Post: 01-17-2012, 14:20
  5. What Did You Have to Pass Up Today?
    By funknik in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 321
    Last Post: 03-05-2010, 10:12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top