Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Pappy's Lost Stash - '68 SW Old Fitz rebottling project as a Xmas present

Hope you kept the gallon bottle. Despite being empty, I would put it up for display if you have the room.

Guru

Great find, nice label

Advanced Taster

Can't wait to taste that liquid in those beautiful new bottles!

Disciple

First rate presentation and quite a novel idea,sheer genius!
    "To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human."
    Larry Wachowski

Connoisseur

Wow, that is just downright incredible! The thoughtfulness, passion, and creativity you exhibited with this project is in a word, inspiring. A potable, instantaneous family heirloom, and the immediate gratification of the juice! You just got it on every level! Kudos sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Wryguy View Post
    Wow, that is just downright incredible! The thoughtfulness, passion, and creativity you exhibited with this project is in a word, inspiring. A potable, instantaneous family heirloom, and the immediate gratification of the juice! You just got it on every level! Kudos sir.
    Wow.....thanks, man. Your words are most kind, thank you. I just wanted to share something unique, special...and immediately with my Dad. I hope if anyone else gets this sort of opportunity to capitalize. After all, whiskey is for drinkin', and drinkin' is always better with your loved ones!

Inspiring indeed. I raise my glass to you, Sir.

After two episodes of sharing with family and friends, my first bottle has apparently been appreciated by those sampling it :-)

depleted.JPG

Guru

And a good time was had by all.

Connoisseur

Cooler than cool. The roadrunner crest and a new family label/memory lives on.
    "There's nothing better than a fine dinner, a good bottle of whiskey and a bad girl"