Hi all. I'm a newb trying to balance my responsibilities to search with those of not hijacking a thread, and I have read so much here in the past two days I can't find what I was looking for. So:

Yesterday I bought a bottle of EWSB Vintage with a 2001 sticker on the front (barreled December of 01, bottled October of 2011). Based on my reading, I assume that is what has been called the EWSB 2011. I bought it at Total Wine, and on the front, there is another part of the label that says "specially selected by Master Distiller Craig Beam for Total Wine and More". Will this be any different from the EWSB 2011 that I've seen being talked about here on SB (other than the variations that occur naturally from barrel to barrel?

When I left Total Wine, I drove to the only copy of ABC Liquors within an hour's drive, because they stock Weller and no one else seems to (Weller is ANOTHER thread, which I will start shortly, but back on topic). I asked about EWSB, as there was none on the shelf. The manager called another store, and they had six bottles. I asked what vintage, and it's the 2002 product, bottled this year, so they will move a bottle to this closer store for me to pick up next week. Here's my second question: did I really read a thread here that discussed the 2011 vs. the 2012, or did I dream it? I seemed to recall that almost everyone said the 2012 was better. If that's correct, I may leave the 2011 unopened to take back, and just drink the 2012.