Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New from NYC

Novice

New from NYC

Hey SB. I've been a lurker on and off here for a while. I've been a Bourbon and Rye guy since college when my roommate from Kentucky got me hooked on the stuff (after a brief stint in Scotch-land.) I always love talking spirits with my friends, family, and people I meet. They must think I drink more than I really do. Some of the bottles I have take me over a year to complete since I seem to keep amassing more and more bottles. My fiancee still is trying to figure this one out.

Over the years I've amassed a nice little collection of things that I've come to like.

I am really looking forward to getting some more input from other people on the boards here, plus expanding my horizon past what I've already come to know.

Right now my go to drink at the local bars tend to be Bulleit Rye, However for my Wedding day in April, I was fortunate enough to get some extra special bottles of really rare stuff that will come in handy for myself and my groomsmen.

I'd love to know what you all think, plus answer any questions you may have.

bunker.jpg

Guru

Re: New from NYC

Welcome aboard Boris, looks like you've got your bases covered there. A few from the BT line, Blantons, Elmer T. Lee and Rock Hill Farms might be suitable additions, along with some Rittenhouse Rye BIB.

Guru

Mega,

1. Welcome to SB.
    2. Nice collection of bourbon and rye.
    3. Enjoy.

Will

Guru

New from NYC

I've been learning to slow down - I have a tendency to rush through a bottle once I hit the halfway mark ;-)

Happy Holidays and welcome to SB!
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Novice

Thanks guys. I will have to check out some of the recommendations you listed above. I have a Rittenhouse Rye BIB in the back there on the right.

Virtuoso

Howdy and welcome from over in Michigan.

Best regards, Tony

Connoisseur

+ "My fiancee still is trying to figure this one out". - Welcome to the support group. Show her you are not alone and that your collection will only grow!

+ "my Wedding day in April" - Why buy the cow when the milk is free?

+ What's the extra rare stuff and are all the groomsmen Bourbon drinkers? Is "the rare stuff" really something you want to share with them if they are casual drinkers and can't appreciate it properly?

Welcome aboard!
    "There's nothing better than a fine dinner, a good bottle of whiskey and a bad girl"

Guru

Don't make the mistake I did Boris, gave a groomsman a bottle of the good stuff and being a sensible fellow he drank it. Then found out he couldn't replace it when they went to the liquor store because his wife said it was outside their budget.

Advanced Taster

Welcome Boris. Always good to have some more members from the area. Look forward to your contributions on the forum.

Taster

welcome Boris. I have been enjoying some weller 12, elmer t. lee and FRSB, all of which i procured in Manhattan. good luck on the hunt and the wedding