Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 29 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
    Connoisseur

Re: So, whatcha smokin?

I ended up going with WT old no 8 brand. The cigar was great and I had to fill up my glass 3 times bc of how cold it is and how long the cigar lasted.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by bingstein View Post
    I ended up going with WT old no 8 brand. The cigar was great and I had to fill up my glass 3 times bc of how cold it is and how long the cigar lasted.
    Ultimately, any good bourbon goes well with any good cigar! I got to try some 1960s WT 8 year old the other night, awesome stuff!

Connoisseur

EPC Short Run 2011 and some Parker's Heritage Collection "Promise of Hope (top), Rock Hill Farms (bottom).

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by bingstein View Post
    Coming from cigarettes, the duration of a cigar was the toughest thing to get used to. I have the tendency to want to keep puffing and want to rush to be done with the cigar. That's when I get in trouble with feeling the nic at the end. I have found that the smaller shorter sticks to be enjoyable initially and they still are. I find that I still don't have the patience to spend an hour sometimes almost two with a cigar.
    - H

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by hn4bourbon View Post
    Coming from cigarettes, the duration of a cigar was the toughest thing to get used to. I have the tendency to want to keep puffing and want to rush to be done with the cigar. That's when I get in trouble with feeling the nic at the end. I have found that the smaller shorter sticks to be enjoyable initially and they still are. I find that I still don't have the patience to spend an hour sometimes almost two with a cigar.
    I love small cigars for that very reason. They don't take as long to smoke, and you can always just smoke another. I would rather smoke two different smaller cigars than one big one.

Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by jwacky View Post
    I love small cigars for that very reason. They don't take as long to smoke, and you can always just smoke another. I would rather smoke two different smaller cigars than one big one.
    What smaller cigars do you like? I have been really enjoying the Tatuaje Petite Cazadores Reserva, regular petite, and the petite reserva. Obviously the Hemingway Short Story is always a good one.

I've heard that Rosa Cuba Angels are really for for what they are as well but I have not tried them.
    - H

Enthusiast

I had to check that wasn't my post, when I saw it. Couldn't agree more!
    I like coronas, petit coronas, corona gordos, and my fav, Lonsdales. I've gotten to the point where
    a 50 ring is my max, and prefer 44's and 46's.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherCigarGuy View Post
    I had to check that wasn't my post, when I saw it. Couldn't agree more!
    I like coronas, petit coronas, corona gordos, and my fav, Lonsdales. I've gotten to the point where
    a 50 ring is my max, and prefer 44's and 46's.
    Completely agree with everything you said, too.

Connoisseur

La Palina El Diario KB and some Big Bottom Port Finished bourbon.

Connoisseur

La Palina El Diario KB and some Big Bottom Port Finished bourbon.

I have a KB resting in my humidor. How do you like these? I have not tried one of these.
    - H