Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 48 of 94 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Guru

Re: So, whatcha smokin?

Pipes also offer the widest flexibility when choosing tobacco.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jwacky View Post
    Nice! I smoke pipes very occasionally. I went through a phase a couple years ago where it's all I smoked for about six months. I loved that pipe tobacco is relatively cheap, no fuss maintenance with the tobacco, and you can put the pipe down and relight later if needed. Not all that expensive to start since corn cob pipes work just fine. And it's fun to search out interesting/unique briar pipes.
    Thanks. My pipe of choice is a Dr Grabow Lark Full Bent Rustic that my wife got for me 30 years ago while we were in college. I break it out a few times a year, and enjoy the change up. Last night was one of those nights, and I think tonight will be, as well! I'm not a big cigar or pipe smoker, but do enjoy both. More cigars than pipes, for sure. Strictly recreational. I particularly like to have a cigar or pipe while sitting out by the outdoor fireplace, and just think about stuff. I don't know if this makes any sense, but my mood and thought processes are different with each. I'm more peacefully contemplative with the pipe. More action and results searching with the cigar...

I also tend to talk in some hokey English accent with the pipe, for some reason...
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    Thanks. My pipe of choice is a Dr Grabow Lark Full Bent Rustic that my wife got for me 30 years ago while we were in college. I break it out a few times a year, and enjoy the change up. Last night was one of those nights, and I think tonight will be, as well! I'm not a big cigar or pipe smoker, but do enjoy both. More cigars than pipes, for sure. Strictly recreational. I particularly like to have a cigar or pipe while sitting out by the outdoor fireplace, and just think about stuff. I don't know if this makes any sense, but my mood and thought processes are different with each. I'm more peacefully contemplative with the pipe. More action and results searching with the cigar...

I also tend to talk in some hokey English accent with the pipe, for some reason...
    Joe, I'd brave the ice tonight just to sneak up on you and hear that accent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Richard
    GBS Member rounding out the top 5
    Are you a Whisk(e)y Apostle?

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    I don't know if this makes any sense, but my mood and thought processes are different with each. I'm more peacefully contemplative with the pipe. More action and results searching with the cigar...
    Makes perfect sense! I'm 100% more philosophical when listen to jazz music while smoking in a cigar lounge.

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BigRich View Post
    Joe, I'd brave the ice tonight just to sneak up on you and hear that accent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well then, I'll text you my conversations with myself, using variations like favourite, organise, and advise when I'm going to the loo...
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Connoisseur

Joe, don't forget process

I also enjoy smoking pipes in addition to cigars. I haven't in a while. You've reminded me to break out my pipes soon
    - H

Enthusiast

Colonel EH Taylor single barrel and a San Cris Revelation.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherCigarGuy View Post
    Colonel EH Taylor single barrel and a San Cris Revelation.
    Nice pairing ACG

Connoisseur

Had a Hemingway Best Seller Maduro and a Hemingway Short Story Maduro with ER10 earlier tonight.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392265432.487571.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1392265446.870529.jpg
    - H

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by hn4bourbon View Post
    Had a Hemingway Best Seller Maduro and a Hemingway Short Story Maduro with ER10 earlier tonight.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392265432.487571.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1392265446.870529.jpg
    Nice! I really enjoy the various Hemingway maduros, and the Short Story maduro is one of my favorite cigars.

I had a Casa Fernandez Miami 35th Anniversary and an Illusionie Rothchildes last night.