Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 61 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Connoisseur

So, whatcha smokin?

Enjoying an AF Hemingway Signature right now. I think I like the Hemingways in this size the best so far.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396357062.377484.jpg
    Last edited by hn4bourbon; 04-01-2014 at 06:20.
    - H

Advanced Taster

Re: So, whatcha smokin?

Perdomo 10th Anniversary Champagne Robusto
    "They say some of my stars drink whiskey, but I have found that ones who drink milkshakes don't win many ball games."
    -- Casey Stengel

Virtuoso

Beautiful day in the bluegrass, so I'm hanging out on the veranda this evening enjoying a RP Sumatra, that somehow managed to survive this endless winter. Enjoying this smoke, I am....

Connoisseur

Fuente Best Seller

Connoisseur

Smoking an AF Anejo No. 77 with some Jim Beam Signature Craft finished with Spanish Brandy. I'll have to see how this pairing works. Might switch to something else to drink after this pour.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396409478.071217.jpg
    - H

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by hn4bourbon View Post
    Smoking an AF Anejo No. 77 with some Jim Beam Signature Craft finished with Spanish Brandy. I'll have to see how this pairing works. Might switch to something else to drink after this pour.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396409478.071217.jpg
    Pairing didn't work so well I kept the last two pours out of this bottle for this cigar but it brought out the earthiness of the cigar more than anything else. I went to the fridge and brought out a can of mugs rootbeer and it worked out extremely well with this cigar. This rootbeer amplified all the good flavors of this cigar.
    - H

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by hn4bourbon View Post
    Pairing didn't work so well I kept the last two pours out of this bottle for this cigar but it brought out the earthiness of the cigar more than anything else. I went to the fridge and brought out a can of mugs rootbeer and it worked out extremely well with this cigar. This rootbeer amplified all the good flavors of this cigar.
    Ya know, I also struggle to pair anything with the Anejos. Not sure what it is about them. HUGE flavors that seem to clash with most anything. Very rich/sweet bourbons don't work. Totally agree with the earthiness of the Anejo coming out when paired with bourbon. Almost just have to enjoy the cigar with a glass of ice water and drink something afterward.

Advanced Taster

Just had a pre-work Rocky Patel Royale robusto. Liking that the nicer weather seems to be taking hold affording more opportunities to indulge.
    "They say some of my stars drink whiskey, but I have found that ones who drink milkshakes don't win many ball games."
    -- Casey Stengel

Advanced Taster

Last night I had an 04 Cohiba Sublime. Trying to stretch out the box I bought back in the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by jwacky View Post
    Ya know, I also struggle to pair anything with the Anejos. Not sure what it is about them. HUGE flavors that seem to clash with most anything. Very rich/sweet bourbons don't work. Totally agree with the earthiness of the Anejo coming out when paired with bourbon. Almost just have to enjoy the cigar with a glass of ice water and drink something afterward.
    Thanks for sharing good to know you experienced similar. I smoked the first half of that shark without having or wanting to sip on anything because it was just sooo good. So much sweetness and flavors from the draw to the finish.

That root beer really worked out great tho. Try that the next time you smoke an anejo. I have tried root beer with other cigars and have not worked 90% of the time because the root beer totally overpowers most cigars but it really complemented and intensified the great flavors that the anejo had.
    - H