Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Guru

Re: Seattle and Washington Area Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DBM View Post
    How? I know there has been legislation tossed around to reduce taxes paid for former state run stores (which Clearview technically is) butnothing has passed that I'm aware of. Clearview did successfully argue that the 17% excise tax amount can't be included in the amount subject to the 20.5% sales tax (it's illegal to tax a tax) which lowered prices a little, but this is breaking news to me.
    Just an FYI for peeps shopping there. Their POS can't code for the 17% properly or something like that but the 20.5% is still tacked on top of retail+17%
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Connoisseur

If anyone in WA is still waiting for the Elmer T. Lee Commemorative bottling to hit store shelves, your wait is over......A big FU to Youngs Market for only selling it to bars and/or restaurants. They even had the balls to deny receiving any, but Buffalo Trace says otherwise. Screwed again. I was really looking forward to getting a bottle of this to place alongside my 90th Birthday and 15 year SB bottlings.

Sorry for the rant, but I am so pissed off right now.

Enthusiast

The unfortunate truth is that this happens with most every distributor in WA, and likely in every state. Deception, lying, half-truths and every slimy sales tactic imaginable. I think this style of business is prospering because of our recent transition from a control state to a private market; distributors are abusing the system in every way imaginable to protect their turf (and revenue, and profit margin). It's a shady industry in general, but some distributors take it to the extreme.

I recently went to Oregon and had a great experience at the state stores. I will say it - I miss the state monopoly. The retailer (state) could keep the distributors in check, now distributors are running loose with no enforcement.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainQ View Post
    If anyone in WA is still waiting for the Elmer T. Lee Commemorative bottling to hit store shelves, your wait is over......A big FU to Youngs Market for only selling it to bars and/or restaurants. They even had the balls to deny receiving any, but Buffalo Trace says otherwise. Screwed again. I was really looking forward to getting a bottle of this to place alongside my 90th Birthday and 15 year SB bottlings.

Sorry for the rant, but I am so pissed off right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by DBM View Post
    The unfortunate truth is that this happens with most every distributor in WA, and likely in every state. Deception, lying, half-truths and every slimy sales tactic imaginable. I think this style of business is prospering because of our recent transition from a control state to a private market; distributors are abusing the system in every way imaginable to protect their turf (and revenue, and profit margin). It's a shady industry in general, but some distributors take it to the extreme.

I recently went to Oregon and had a great experience at the state stores. I will say it - I miss the state monopoly. The retailer (state) could keep the distributors in check, now distributors are running loose with no enforcement.
    This is the liquor "business" we are talking about here so...

Are you still looking for an ETL death bottle Dave?

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by ChainWhip View Post
    This is the liquor "business" we are talking about here so...

Are you still looking for an ETL death bottle Dave?
    Thanks Johnny, but I found some out of state.

Enthusiast

Anybody know if there's a liquor store in Redmond that has HH 6 BIB? I have a friend coming from there who would bring some but not if it's not in his backyard.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by suntour View Post
    Anybody know if there's a liquor store in Redmond that has HH 6 BIB? I have a friend coming from there who would bring some but not if it's not in his backyard.
    PM me - I know the QFC @ U-Village had them last time I was there but haven't been to any local stores in a while...