Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Taster

Your Next Bourbon Purchase

So what is on your radar screen for the next time you wander into the liquor store? For me it is the following:

Weller 12. I really enjoy Weller Antique so this has to be in my wheelhouse.
    Larceny. Ok, so I admit it, I'm a Wheater, from the reviews this sounds good to me.
    Four Roses Small Batch. Much loved here on Straight Bourbon, to have that many people agree they must be doing something right.
    Jefferson's 18 year. Had this in a bar & was very impressed. I figure this is sold out so I will look for their Reserve bottling.

That should keep me busy for awhile. How about you guys?

Enthusiast

Re: Your Next Bourbon Purchase

I'm going to pick up some WT Rare Breed today, I'm just in the mood for it. BTW, I don't find Jefferson's Reserve to be much like Jefferson's 18, so if you are expecting something similar you might be let down.

Connoisseur

EH Taylor Small Batch will most likely be my next purchase.

Connoisseur

I'm also discovering that I really enjoy wheat bourbons, having always liked Maker's Mark and now Larceny. I might grab a bottle of Bernheim Straight Wheat.

Guru

Some fruit brandys are on my list but if my bag doesn't get too heavy I might throw in a Grand Dad 114.

Virtuoso

I'm taking a road trip to TPS with some friends at the end of the month. It's about 3 hours away, but it's a decent way to waste a day with the guys. I've been revising a "wish list" for the trip over and over for a few weeks. I'll definitely be looking to pick up some TPS exclusive bottles of Buffalo Trace and OWA, as well as cask strength Old Scout, the new Evan Williams 2003, and whatever scotch I can talk myself into once I'm that deep into the wallet.

Apprentice

I am probably going to go with OGD 114 next time I get anything instead of restocking on Weller 12, it gets great praise on this forum and I am looking forward to giving the Jim Beam family of whiskey another shot after not being impressed by any of their other stuff (Jim Beam White Label, Knob Creek, Bookers).

In terms of "If I had money to spare what would I buy" I came accross 3 of the Parkers Heritage 2012 in a random, corner shop liquor store in the area selling for $89.99. I haven't really thought of snagging one up mainly because I don't think many people going into that store will end up taking a PHC, but still, from what I have heard I should get all 3 if I could afford them.

Cool thread topic, a good contrast to "What Bourbon did you purchase today?"

Advanced Taster

Knob Creek Single Barrel is next on my list. I haven't been too impressed overall with the Jim Beam bourbons (the OGD line is a whole 'nother story). I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked Knob Creek, though. Looking forward to seeing how it's big brother tastes.

Virtuoso

I'm planning on stocking up on both some Weller 12 and some Knob Creek Single Barrel (a store selection single barrel that I got to participate in). Probably 2 bottles of each to add to my fledgling bunker.

Apprentice

Weller 12 and perhaps some OGD 114.