Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Virtuoso

Re: Your Next Bourbon Purchase

Quote Originally Posted by DPPSmoker View Post
    I just finished off a bottle of Elmer T. Lee so I want to replace that. I also want a bottle of Four Roses Small Batch LE 2012 but they are not available in Michigan.

I'm also hoping to visit some of the distilleries in mid-March. If I do, I want to stop by the gift shops at Four Roses, Buffalo Trace and the Willett Distillery to purchases some bottles there.
    FYI the only bottles you can get at the BT gift shop are:

Buffalo Trace
    Eagle Rare Single Barrel
    White Dog Mash #1
    Buffalo Trace Bourbon Cream
    Blanton's Single Barrel

http://buffalotracedistillery.com/visit-us/faqs

Enthusiast

I'm also hoping to visit some of the distilleries in mid-March. If I do, I want to stop by the gift shops at Four Roses, Buffalo Trace and the Willett Distillery to purchases some bottles there.
    Check out HH too. Their gift shop often has special bottles not available anywhere else.

Taster

Bought way, way, WAY too much stuff last year so I'm gonna lay kinda low this year. I guess I just got a little too excited with this new hobby where logic and reason did not take over until after I already spent a bunch of money. I figure at my current rate of consumption I have somewhere on the order of a 5 year supply .

So anyway, items currently on the radar are OGD 114, OFBB 2012 (if I happen to run across any) and a few limited releases as they come out.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Bourserker View Post
    Bought way, way, WAY too much stuff last year so I'm gonna lay kinda low this year. I guess I just got a little too excited with this new hobby where logic and reason did not take over until after I already spent a bunch of money. I figure at my current rate of consumption I have somewhere on the order of a 5 year supply .

So anyway, items currently on the radar are OGD 114, OFBB 2012 (if I happen to run across any) and a few limited releases as they come out.
    It's a great investment as bourbon won't be any cheaper tomorrow then it is today...you can use the face when you reach a 30yr supply!
    You can find me in chat most nights on days ending with the letter y!

Taster

Thanks for the advice, Qman & Tan regarding the Jefferson's Reserve. Perhaps a taste test by way of a bar is needed before I drop some coin on an untasted bottle. I don't mind taking flyers on $30-$35 bottles like Larceny (NYC prices) but The Jefferson's Reserve trades @ $55 a bottle here, plus tax.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by Clavius View Post
    FYI the only bottles you can get at the BT gift shop are:

Buffalo Trace
    Eagle Rare Single Barrel
    White Dog Mash #1
    Buffalo Trace Bourbon Cream
    Blanton's Single Barrel

http://buffalotracedistillery.com/visit-us/faqs

Yup. I realize their gift shop offerings are limited to what you find elsewhere. I want to visit BT mostly for the hard hat tour. I'm sure I will still pick some bottles up from the BT gift shop.

However, does anyone know if BT will offer bottles from "special barrels" for Eagle Rare and Blanton's much like Four Roses does with some of their gift shop bottles? Thanks in advance.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by luther.r View Post
    Check out HH too. Their gift shop often has special bottles not available anywhere else.
    Yeah, I was aware of this and I am interested. But I know that they put higher prices on those bottles as well. Still, I am interested to try barrel proof EC 12.

Yup. I realize their gift shop offerings are limited to what you find elsewhere. I want to visit BT mostly for the hard hat tour. I'm sure I will still pick some bottles up from the BT gift shop.

However, does anyone know if BT will offer bottles from "special barrels" for Eagle Rare and Blanton's much like Four Roses does with some of their gift shop bottles? Thanks in advance.
    When I was there they did not offer any special barrels, just the regular releases that were cheaper at the liquor store

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by hectic1 View Post
    It's a great investment as bourbon won't be any cheaper tomorrow then it is today...you can use the face when you reach a 30yr supply!
    Well, I don't know if it was your intention, but you made me feel a lot better about my obsession...and I'll make sure to save the face for when I accumulate a real supply.

It may not be my "next" purchase, but I'll definitely pick up some of the Stagg Jr. when it's available.

See this thread.