Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Taster

Re: Balcones: Next stop, world domination?

Quote Originally Posted by Balcones Winston View Post
    We can make it a threesome if you're DTS (down to sip )
    Forget requiring SB members to be nice to distillers. Moderators, these distillery guys need to roped in!

Enthusiast

Mr. Anal Retentive Bourbon Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Balcones Winston View Post
    I'm not sure if I've offended you or if you are just busting our balls for the sake of busting our balls. I expressed my regret for a customer's experience, and politely invited them to give us another chance. I think anything short of that would be a terrible strategy. There's no "marketing" angle to it. Just the honest truth, something that we believe in unlike so many other brands out there. As someone who is such a stickler for the truth, it's hard to figure out why you don't stand behind us more openly.
    Neither, you have never offended me nor am I trying to bust your or Balcones balls. I'm stating my opinion which I free to do on this board about any brand; if you perceive it as one of the above, that's your opinion.

Of course it's a marketing angle. Marketing defined - the process or technique of promoting, selling and distributing a product or service.

For the record and openly, I do respect what Balcones is doing. They are a true craft distillery doing everything from scratch. Everything they have sold, they have made themselves. I enjoy the Rumble, love the Rumble Cask Reserve, I think the Single Malt is the best Malt currently produced in the US.

Taster

Come on by Knoxville, Balcones Winston! We will treat you right to some real bbq. Just bring along plenty of samples. I'll take you over to the Sam Houston schoolhouse and we can raise a toast to Sam and Balcones.
    http://whiskeylist.blogspot.com/ downloadable spreadsheet of over 2000 North American Whiskies

Virtuoso

Hey Winston, I appreciate your posting and interacting with us here on SB. I think it's neat to have someone in the industry here. Especially someone from a micro.

Earlier in the year a member here gave me a generous sample of your Single Malt. I tasted it and was impressed with it. So I splurged not long afterwards and bought a bottle, despite the price. I have enjoyed the bottle (batch: SM12-7 date: 8/30/12) quite a bit and still have half of it left. In my verdict it's a quality whisky. I have also tasted your Baby Blue corn whiskey which I thought was different but certainly interesting. I look forward to seeing what Balcones does in the future.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Clavius View Post
    Hey Winston, I appreciate your posting and interacting with us here on SB. I think it's neat to have someone in the industry here. Especially someone from a micro.

Earlier in the year a member here gave me a generous sample of your Single Malt. I tasted it and was impressed with it. So I splurged not long afterwards and bought a bottle, despite the price. I have enjoyed the bottle (batch: SM12-7 date: 8/30/12) quite a bit and still have half of it left. In my verdict it's a quality whisky. I have also tasted your Baby Blue corn whiskey which I thought was different but certainly interesting. I look forward to seeing what Balcones does in the future.
    Great to hear you liked it! Sounds like those "Balconites" aren't a bunch of loons after all

Glad to be here and be part of the crowd!

Enthusiast

Guyz... Guyz! Guess what????

We're going to build a new distillery!

We just closed a deal that will allow us to expand into our second building, a 65k square foot fireproof storage building just a few blocks away from our current distillery. This will boost our production capacity 1000% or more. We'll finally be able to fulfill all the orders we've got and have extra room to work on some other whiskeys we have ideas for

Party tiiiiime!

Connoisseur

Niiiiiice! Congrats...excited to see what the future holds.

Guru

That is supremely cool for you guys. Let me offer a heartfelt congratulations and wish you much continued success! Celebrate with something special tonight, and be sure to keep the dog away this time.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by MyOldKyDram View Post
    That is supremely cool for you guys. Let me offer a heartfelt congratulations and wish you much continued success! Celebrate with something special tonight, and be sure to keep the dog away this time.
    The VWFRR was supposed to be my celebration dram