Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Advanced Taster

Re: Balcones: Next stop, world domination?

Last night I shared my next to last pour of the Single Malt with a friend. I just couldn't bring myself to finish the bottle off entirely yet. I'm going to miss it when it's gone.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by jtgraves View Post
    Last night I shared my next to last pour of the Single Malt with a friend. I just couldn't bring myself to finish the bottle off entirely yet. I'm going to miss it when it's gone.
    You can always come up to the distillery and get a bottle when we do our next sales event this month

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

As I told Winston off-line, I got a taste of their bourbon and it's outstanding. Unfortunately, they didn't make very much of it, don't have any in the pipeline, and don't have any immediate plans to make it again. I bring this up because upon tasting some of their mainline products, I would say the True Blue Corn is the one bourbon fans should try. It's not bourbon but it's more like bourbon than it is like what you usually expect corn whiskey to be.

Enthusiast

Thanks Chuck! That says a lot coming from you.

In addition to True Blue, I'd recommend any bourbon drinker also try our single malt.. it's the malt whisky for people who think they don't like malt whisky

And of course, Rumble Cask Reserve is equally fantastic, despite not being a whisky at all. Some have described it as something like an aged rye and an Armagnac having sex on their tongue

I guess what I'm getting at with all this is don't pigeonhole a whisky just because it's not bourbon or rye. You might be surprised at what you find.
    Last edited by Balcones Winston; 10-12-2013 at 13:32.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Balcones Winston View Post
    Thanks Chuck! That says a lot coming from you.

In addition to True Blue, I'd recommend any bourbon drinker also try our single malt.. it's the malt whisky for people who think they don't like malt whisky

And of course, Rumble Cask Reserve is equally fantastic, despite not being a whisky at all. Some have described it as something like an aged rye and an Armagnac having sex on their tongue

I guess what I'm getting at with all this is don't pigeonhole a whisky just because it's not bourbon or rye. You might be surprised at what you find.
    On that note Winston i have both the Texas Single Malt and True Blue cask, and am impressed how similar they are yet each has their own strength. Just wish i didn't have to drive 3 hours to snag the True Blue Cask around here.

Guru

Balcones: Next stop, world domination?

I really enjoyed the Rumble Cask but it's not easy to find around these parts.
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ChainWhip View Post
    I really enjoyed the Rumble Cask but it's not easy to find around these parts.
    I don't think it's easy to find anywhere! We only produce about 100 bottles per year

Guru

I don't think it's easy to find anywhere! We only produce about 100 bottles per year
    Didn't know it was quite so uncommon. I picked up one about a month ago but it was marked as the "ATL Edition" and dated from May 2012. Have been meaning to give it a try but haven't done so yet. Perhaps there will be a good occasion coming up soon in early November...

Rumble 2.JPGRumble 1.JPG
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Connoisseur

Dang...I want some!

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    Didn't know it was quite so uncommon. I picked up one about a month ago but it was marked as the "ATL Edition" and dated from May 2012. Have been meaning to give it a try but haven't done so yet. Perhaps there will be a good occasion coming up soon in early November...

Rumble 2.JPGRumble 1.JPG
    Lol I've never even heard of that. But it was before I started with the distillery...