Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast
    Mr. Anal Retentive Bourbon Drinker

Re: Balcones: Next stop, world domination?

Quote Originally Posted by Balcones Winston View Post
    As I said Wade I already have a waiting list. You need to tell me which slot to refund ASAP.
    I buy 2 tickets and I'm the enemy and Winston tries to dictate terms to me. Another person buys 2 tickets and Balcones likes it and says that's a good friend.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Enthusiast

Technically since you STILL don't have anyone to give the ticket to, you violated the "one per person" rule. To boot, there's obviously not a lot of demand for it through your channels, whereas I have 50 local people on a list who would give up a vital organ to get a ticket. But hey, if you don't want to give me a hand here and help out the distillery, that's your choice.

For the record, next time we will only award tickets through a lottery. It will be strictly one per household, and secondary sales of tickets (face value or not) will result in a refund being immediately handed down to the ticket holder and their spot given to the next in line. Thanks for helping us understand how we must do things in the future.

Guru

Pretty sad series of posts.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by TunnelTiger View Post
    Pretty sad series of posts.
    Yeah, I love it when a company argues with a customer - esp. in public!
    "Old guys tend to say it like it is." squire

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by portwood View Post
    Yeah, I love it when a company argues with a customer - esp. in public!
    I'm hoping it goes just a bit longer as my microwave popcorn just finished. Slightly off topic but I sense more than a few stores/brands not thinking these events through as of late. Some of the lottery/raffles for limited releases have been very well thought out and fair, others just haphazardly designed and didn't benefit loyal customers in any way. Putting random people who didn't support you up to this point on equal footing sure screams short term gain.

Who better than a brand owner to recognize the demand in the marketplace and design accordingly around long term?

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by theglobalguy View Post
    I'm hoping it goes just a bit longer as my microwave popcorn just finished. Slightly off topic but I sense more than a few stores/brands not thinking these events through as of late. Some of the lottery/raffles for limited releases have been very well thought out and fair, others just haphazardly designed and didn't benefit loyal customers in any way. Putting random people who didn't support you up to this point on equal footing sure screams short term gain.

Who better than a brand owner to recognize the demand in the marketplace and design accordingly around long term?
    We did a sales event back in September and it went extremely smoothly. Unfortunately we didn't expect this kind of volume for our next event. There was a buzz about it on Facebook, similar to what we had before, but instead of selling out in 12 hours we sold out in 2-3 minutes. Being that the law that allows us to sell bottles only just passed and this is our second event ever, it's still a learning experience for us. So we'll have to do it differently next time. None of us at the distillery have ever had to organize something like this in the past so I blame our naivety for not making this next go around as smooth as the last. Plus there were some technical hiccups out of our control that led to a few people getting hosed. It's unfortunate, but nothing we can do now that wouldn't cause more frustration.

Enthusiast

I mean, we had a guy in Chicago trying to buy a ticket from us long after they were sold out. He wanted to get one so he could fly from IL and come to Waco. I don't think anyone could have hardly expected someone to fly 5 states away to buy a bottle of whisky, but apparently some are willing.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Balcones Winston View Post
    I mean, we had a guy in Chicago trying to buy a ticket from us long after they were sold out. He wanted to get one so he could fly from IL and come to Waco. I don't think anyone could have hardly expected someone to fly 5 states away to buy a bottle of whisky, but apparently some are willing.
    Wasn't picking on you guys for the tech hiccups...those happen to the best. Was more a comment on a flat level playing field. Social media and mailing lists shorten the link between the brand and the consumer, but they shorten it for the loyal and random equally at times. On the one hand, a new customer may eventually turn into a long term one. On the other if you burn your current fans too many times they move on.

The limited products you're selling during the event are $70-95 if memory serves. So they're in the luxury market whether you meant to position them that way or not. Folks who can drop $95 on a bottle of booze and have the bragging rights of their group of friends wouldn't sneeze at an airline ticket.

Guru

Change of pace. Having some True Blue with egg nog and pumpkin pie. Delicious!

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by TunnelTiger View Post
    Change of pace. Having some True Blue with egg nog and pumpkin pie. Delicious!
    Just tell me it's not all in one glass?