Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: Balcones: Next stop, world domination?

Quote Originally Posted by Balcones Winston View Post
    We're constantly working to improve the quality of our products. We blind taste each new batch against the previous one to make sure it's better than the last! If you're game, give a more recent batch a try and see if it's more to your liking. You might be surprised
    Quote Originally Posted by wadewood View Post
    That's some great marketing strategy. Hey we know you thought that $45 bottle whiskey was bad, but trust us and buy a bottle again - it's great now. Do you stand behind that with a moneyback guarantee?
    They're taking a page out of the software industry playbook - it made Bill Gates a multi-billionaire & many of his employees millionaires, maybe it can work for Chip Tait and the rest of the balconites
    Last edited by portwood; 06-02-2013 at 18:09.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by portwood View Post
    They're taking a page out of the software industry playbook - it made Bill Gates a multi-billionaire & many of his employees millionaires, maybe it can work for Chip Tait and the rest of the balconites
    Alright, enough from the peanut gallery. You are not really contributing to the conversation.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Manthey View Post
    Alright, enough from the peanut gallery. You are not really contributing to the conversation.
    Agreed, and i might add i respect anyone regardless of industry and profession who strives to make the next batch/job/project better than the current one. Short of the mass produced products from the publicly traded companies where consistency is the expectation, everyone who isn't trying to get better may as well find a new career as they won't last long.

Trippah and Admin

With something as subjective as the taste of a whiskey, how does one make a batch better than the last? That's the part that sounds like marketing fluff to me.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by callmeox View Post
    With something as subjective as the taste of a whiskey, how does one make a batch better than the last? That's the part that sounds like marketing fluff to me.
    That sounds like the job of a master distiller to me! Although I suppose we are at the mercy of his palate to determine the direction the batches go.

Guru

I appreciate their efforts to keep improving but I'm not contributing $65 a bottle to their learning curve.

Guru

Trey I suggest the title master distiller is being debased into a marketing term.

Connoisseur

Perhaps you are right, but from what I can tell, Chip is pretty active in creating the juice, from grain to bottle.

Guru

Knowing how it's done doesn't make one a master at it. Thousands of people can make a bamboo fly rod from raw cane to finished product but there are only a few masters of the craft.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by theglobalguy View Post
    Agreed, and i might add i respect anyone regardless of industry and profession who strives to make the next batch/job/project better than the current one. Short of the mass produced products from the publicly traded companies where consistency is the expectation, everyone who isn't trying to get better may as well find a new career as they won't last long.
    Thank you.

Also, by saying we're working to improve our product I don't mean to imply that our current product is or ever was bad (it may not be for you, and that's understandable). Fact is Balcones has received critical acclaim from across the world and we literally cannot make enough whiskey to supply the ferocious demand for our product. But that doesn't mean we're just going to plateau here and not seek to better ourselves. We're always experimenting, always learning, always looking for something new and interesting to introduce to our spirits. We've actively pioneered new horizons in whisky making that have been recognized by experts all over, and we have a BIG list of ideas that we're still waiting to test out.