Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Virtuoso

Re: Praise be to Mr Rutledge!

I'm going to be one sad guy when my bottle of '09 Mariage is gone. The nose alone on that one is enough to occupy me for an evening! JR is definitely doing some amazing work over there and deserves all of the industry praise he has received lately.
    -Brian-

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."
    -Agent Kay

Guru

It's a transcendent beverage. It is right to give Jim thanks and praise.
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Virtuoso

Just wanted 1 short pour tonight. Thought I'd go with an everyday type bourbon. Standard 4RSmB and damn! This stuff is really delish. Kinda reminds me of a creamier Barton BIB
    "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero"
    T. Durden

Still lovin' me some of the '08 Mariage!! Mmm mmm, that stuff is soooo good. I try to leave it alone so I don't run out, but it ain't easy! So I'll pour some of the 4RSB and look at the bottle. A thing of beauty! By the way, absolutely nothing wrong with the SB, either.

Virtuoso

Just a heads up for fans of Mr. Rutledge and 4 Roses who live near North Florida.

Mr Rutledge will be in Tallahassee March 8th and 9th for a dinner pairing and a BBQ. Seating for the dinner pairing is full but he will be at a reception after dinner at a very well stocked bar next door.

The BBQ on saturday will be from 11am till late evening and will provide a lot of time to share, taste and learn.

If any SBers are interested in attending PM me and I'll give you all the details.

He is being hosted by The Tallahassee Whiskey Society and a local kick ass liquor store, Market Square Liquors.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey r View Post
    I've been reaching for my 2011 LE Small Batch frequently.
    I have no idea what to do with my bottle. Some guy named Jim wrote all over mine and I don't know whether to drink it or put it on display.

Sadly I didn't get a chance to meet him (missed his visit by one day) but he was nice enough to sign all the Four Roses bottles on the shelf.

Virtuoso

the best of the best. my wife gave me a bottle for our anniversary in 08. the stuff has a special place in my heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOWK View Post
    I like to save up the charred bits in the bottom of the unfiltered stuff. When I have enough, I pour milk on it and eat it.