Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 53 of 78 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: Empty Bottle Support Group 2013

Finished off a special one tonight. Binny's EC18. One of my all time favorites. I don't think I'll be lucky enough to have this one again, but you never know. If I had a time machine this is one that I'd go back a few years for and buy a case. For the price then it was highway robbery.

EC18.jpg

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by thiemb View Post
    Finished off a special one tonight. Binny's EC18. One of my all time favorites. I don't think I'll be lucky enough to have this one again, but you never know. If I had a time machine this is one that I'd go back a few years for and buy a case. For the price then it was highway robbery.

EC18.jpg
    Based on the font, I'd say that was distilled in '90 or '91 and bottled in '11 or '12. I don't recall seeing any Binny's bottles distilled after 1992, so the ones from 2011/2012 were 19-22 years old.

All of the Binny's EC18s were good, but one of my favorite all time HH expressions was Binny's EC18 distilled 5/15/92. That was bottled in 2010 and the hand selected font was larger and I think italicized. I still have a few of those in my bunker, so perhaps you will taste it someday...
    "A man comes from the dust and in the dust he will end-- In the meantime it is good to drink whiskey."
    -->WhiskeyWonka<--

Guru

Saying goodbye to a 4R GS OBSQ. Was a goodun.

Connoisseur

Smile Re: Empty Bottle Support Group 2013

image.jpg

Tough, tough loss. 9 yr 125 proof wheater. Luckily one in the bunker. If this was Twitter I would probably add #willettslut
    They say some of my stars drink whiskey, but I have found that ones who drink milkshakes don't win many ball games-Casey Stengel

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dusty View Post
    image.jpg

Tough, tough loss. 9 yr 125 proof wheater. Luckily one in the bunker. If this was Twitter I would probably add #willettslut
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Guru

Damn that sounds like a good'n. When you crack open the backup I'd love a sample.
    Insert TheNovaMan's signature here (___________)

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dusty View Post
    image.jpg

Just curious, how did you know this was a wheater? Kudos to you as I have never heard reference to a 9 year wheater offereded by WFE. What do you conclude as the source?

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by JVande View Post
    Just curious, how did you know this was a wheater? Kudos to you as I have never heard reference to a 9 year wheater offereded by WFE. What do you conclude as the source?
    Didn't know for sure until tasting, but bought the one pictured on the recommendation of the whiskey buyer at a local chain. He told me it was a wheater after being involved in the selection so I took it on faith. After opening and tasting quickly bought the backup. Shared w friends and we all concluded that it had to be BT. Compares very favorably to the WLW's. Also had it confirmed by another source that it is BT juice. So there you go best I can say without confirmation from KBD.
    They say some of my stars drink whiskey, but I have found that ones who drink milkshakes don't win many ball games-Casey Stengel

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by ChainWhip View Post
    Johnny, that's HILARIOUS!

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by smknjoe View Post
    Damn that sounds like a good'n. When you crack open the backup I'd love a sample.
    will let you know Joe, have an 8 year FE of unknown provenance that is on deck.