Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Connoisseur

DrinkUpNY Online Order Angst

I've seen a few mentions of this retailer, so I hope I can get some feedback. I placed an order on Jan 17 and my status is still just 'processing'. I've received no emails since the order verification despite having sent an email Last Saturday. My order at 'Stirling Fine Wines' languished for 12 days before I received shipping info. Is this delay typical or am I not likely to get my order? [The bottles I ordered are now listed as 'Out of Stock']

Virtuoso

Re: DrinkUpNY Online Order Angst

Wow, that doesn't sound good. My NYC superstore of choice is Astor, and they always ship within a short window after the order is placed (1-3 days). I don't have any experience with DrinkUpNY, other than surfing their site for pricing comparison, but I imagine that they're queuing your order until the item is brought back into stock. That doesn't explain or excuse their lack of communication with you.

Advanced Taster

I ordered from DrinkUpNY once and it took several days for the order to process. Dare I ask: Did you try calling them?

Connoisseur

I've had mostly good experiences, and typically the order is processed next business day. If there is a stock issue it's usually dealt with via a phone call or email notification. Maybe there is an issue with shipping to Hawaii?

The exception was a large order I placed with Merwin's Liquor in Minnesota last year. Not only did they string me along for two weeks assuring me that a product was on it's way, but then they unceremoniously cancelled my order. When I called to ask why, they said that they couldn't get any of the products in stock. I was skeptical because the one I ordered had was still on the site, albeit at twice the price I had ordered it. So I call the store and ask them to double check that it was on the shelf and they confirmed it was plentiful. Very sketchy and terrible customer service.

Disciple

I agree with Yeti and have had this happen in the past myself,pending merchandiser action is usually posted in a sub column.I would personally call myself,the experience I had the order was never filled on a low volume/allocated item and self cancelled after 30 days and was never otherwise noted.I wish you luck in your venture and hope it works out in the end and your order eventually gets filled.
    "To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human."
    Larry Wachowski

Guru

Have they responded to emails?

Virtuoso

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. I have had no problems with six different orders at DUNY over the last few years, and they have always been prompt. If yours shows "out of stock" that may have created some problems or confusion at their end. Hope they aren't backsliding.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Manthey View Post
    I've had mostly good experiences, and typically the order is processed next business day. If there is a stock issue it's usually dealt with via a phone call or email notification. Maybe there is an issue with shipping to Hawaii?

The exception was a large order I placed with Merwin's Liquor in Minnesota last year. Not only did they string me along for two weeks assuring me that a product was on it's way, but then they unceremoniously cancelled my order. When I called to ask why, they said that they couldn't get any of the products in stock. I was skeptical because the one I ordered had was still on the site, albeit at twice the price I had ordered it. So I call the store and ask them to double check that it was on the shelf and they confirmed it was plentiful. Very sketchy and terrible customer service.
    I avoid them. They list a lot of stuff on their website but I'm almost positive that they don't actually stock a lot of it; they have to get it from the distributor to fill the orders. Hell, their Falcon Heights location is only a mile from my work and the one time I stopped there they had about 3 bottles of Jack and a handle of Beam white. Looked like a front business to me. I haven't been to their main store in Minneapolis so I can't speak to that one.
    Life's too short, and there's too much good whiskey within reach.

Advanced Taster

I've not had those kinds of problems when I've ordered from them, which has been twice, maybe three times. The first time I ordered from them, one of the things I ordered was actually out of stock apparently, but they called me and the order was straightened out. Sorry to hear your experience hasn't been as good.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Manthey View Post

Merwin's has always done right by me. The one time there was an issue they called and let me know.