Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: What are you drinking during the Superbowl?

Started with the 05 OFBB, finished a short bottle of EWSB 2002, and moved on to ER10. My vote for best commercial was the Paul Harvey narrated thing about "so God made a farmer".

Advanced Taster

Had a few pours of EWB while preparing chili and cornbread for the game. Iced tea was my drink during the game. I have grown tired of Ray Lewis' act long before this year, found his interview Shannon Sharpe disturbing. I can't wait to see how Leon Sandcastle plays for the Chiefs this coming season.
    Jim

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by SFS View Post
    Started with the 05 OFBB, finished a short bottle of EWSB 2002, and moved on to ER10. My vote for best commercial was the Paul Harvey narrated thing about "so God made a farmer".
    I put that into the 'mixed message' category of ads - a lot of 'em qualified for that distinction. In fact, it seemed that was this Superbowl's overriding ad theme. 'So God made a farmer, and his name was Cain . . . so if ya wanna raise Cain, buy a Dodge truck.'

Oh yeah, I was drinkin' some discount beer, not the Icehouse beer from Texas tho ($3.50/12 pack), it was the Blue Moon Winter Abbey Ale ($8/12 pack) - nothin' special.
    Last edited by MauiSon; 02-04-2013 at 02:03.

Guru

We had a wide assortment of beer: Deschutes NWPA, Firestone Walker Union Jack, Half Acre Daisy Cutter and even Tecate too to go with the jalapeno poppers. Then we switched over to Rare Breed and some Russell's Reserve 10/101.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by darylld911 View Post
    Still can't taste my bourbon (have I mentioned how I HATE winter head-colds?), but found this week that apparently I can taste rye with more success - so THH it is!
    I'm in the same boat. I made monster batch of Rittenhouse BIB Manhattan's. Was too much going on, andmy head cold had half my sinus clogged. No fun.

~SW

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    We had a wide assortment of beer: Deschutes NWPA, Firestone Walker Union Jack, Half Acre Daisy Cutter and even Tecate too to go with the jalapeno poppers. Then we switched over to Rare Breed and some Russell's Reserve 10/101.
    Really jealous of your beer options up there. Do you know if any of your local brews are distributed nationally?

Apprentice

I made 2 Old Fashioned's with Elijah Craig 12yo

Guru

We finished the evening with a cocktail made with whisky from North of the 49th Parallel.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by smknjoe View Post
    Really jealous of your beer options up there. Do you know if any of your local brews are distributed nationally?
    I'm really not sure but I don't think so. The exception, of course, would be Goose Island which really doesn't count I suppose now that they've been bought out. We are indeed very fortunate to have so many excellent micros popping up. The same can be said for Wisconsin and Michigan who produce fabulous beer that is usually available to us here in Chicago.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Pappy 15yr...This is 2013 batch..Having some now 2012...Need to make some tasting notes.