Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: MM Proof Change

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Re: MM Proof Change

Quote Originally Posted by aea6574 View Post
    Thank you for this, just ordered 3 bottles. $127 or so with free shipping for a first time order. They are 59.99 each here in Michigan

Best regards, Tony
    Sounds like you did well, Tony. Just make sure that you are getting the 90 proof. The 84 is already on the shelves, and I would suspect that the turnover on MM is pretty high, even in "normal" times.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    Sounds like you did well, Tony. Just make sure that you are getting the 90 proof. The 84 is already on the shelves, and I would suspect that the turnover on MM is pretty high, even in "normal" times.
    For those interested I called today and verified they were still shipping the 90.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    For those interested I called today and verified they were still shipping the 90.
    It is also listed on the site as 90 proof but you do not have much time left for the sale.

Enthusiast

I saw the new bottles at a Walgreen's in downtown Chicago this morning. Very curious alteration to the label: the side of the label used to say "Fully Matured" and below that, the words "Ninety Proof" were spelled out. Now it says "Fully Matured", and below that it says "Alcohol 42% by volume". Nowhere does it say 84 proof that I could find. The cynical mind might be inclined to believe they're trying to hide or mask the change to the casual shopper who perhaps does not receive Ambassador emails, or read online articles, or newspapers, or anything.

Novice

One less number to attract attention...
    Quote Originally Posted by shoshani View Post
    I saw the new bottles at a Walgreen's in downtown Chicago this morning. Very curious alteration to the label: the side of the label used to say "Fully Matured" and below that, the words "Ninety Proof" were spelled out. Now it says "Fully Matured", and below that it says "Alcohol 42% by volume". Nowhere does it say 84 proof that I could find. The cynical mind might be inclined to believe they're trying to hide or mask the change to the casual shopper who perhaps does not receive Ambassador emails, or read online articles, or newspapers, or anything.

Guru

What they don't know won't hurt 'em, I suppose.

Bourbonian of the Year 2011

Who will give the first direct taste test? (Perhaps blind tasting?).

Gary

Guru

I'll volunteer to offer a second opinion if someone else is pouring.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by PaulO View Post
    Is there really such a thing as a premium bourbon in the 80 proof range? I can't think of one. Chuck mentioned Jacob's Well, also 84 proof. What happened to that? Mostly, I think of the bottom shelf stuff being 80 proof. Some of it can be ok, but not premium.
    I always thought the 84 proof of Jacob's Well was to match the 84 months.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by shoshani View Post
    I'm inclined to the same opinion.

I was out today, at a local grocery store, smallish place with overpriced booze and saw the new label. I can't think the turnover rate on their stock is particularly fast but they had the new stuff.

I think Beam timed the roll-out to be well under way before any peep of the proof drop was uttered.

The whole thing just fu$#& sucks and blows.