Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: MM Proof Change

Virtuoso

Re: MM Proof Change

Several bars are already offering a new drink called "The Apology" consisting of a shot of Maker's with New Coke. If only we could watch some movies on Qwikster while enjoying it.

Connoisseur

In a tweet Sunday, the company said to its followers: "You spoke. We listened."

I think what they meant to say was "The people who bought MM within the last 30 days spoke. We listened."

Disciple

*deleted* - double post

Last edited by Bourbon Boiler; 02-17-2013 at 14:46. Reason: Double post

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by sku View Post
    Several bars are already offering a new drink called "The Apology" consisting of a shot of Maker's with New Coke. If only we could watch some movies on Qwikster while enjoying it.
    I was writing about it on my Newton Messagepad.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    Also, approximately how many cases of 84 proof were produced? Are they being recalled or allowed to sell through? That sort of thing.
    I know it's here in Chicago. I saw it at Walgreen's at Madison and Wells on Friday; however, Binnys in Skokie had full shelves and a stacked case display, all of it 90 proof (The cases are marked as such) when I went there last night for a couple bottles of VOB BIB.

I can't imagine them being recalled - what would they do with it? - but can imagine some people grabbing bottles as a sort of curio. Or something.

Guru

Now if they would get that 3rd still fired up and start aging some whiskey for the future, opps that would be whisky not whiskey.
    ovh

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by shoshani View Post
    I'm not sure what the policy is for posting material from elsewhere, but MM has a post on their Facebook page that I'd like to quote for those who eschew Facebook. It's timestamped just under two hours ago.

Note: Many are comparing this to New Coke. Someone asked Coca-Cola President (at the time) Donald Keough if Coke had planned the whole idea of removing old Coke, replacing it with new Coke, then bringing Old Coke back. His response was "Truth is, we're not that dumb and we're not that smart." I have a feeling if you ask a Samuels about this, the response would be similar.
    Certainly the "not that smart" part.
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by JPBoston View Post
    In a tweet Sunday, the company said to its followers: "You spoke. We listened."

I think what they meant to say was "The people who bought MM within the last 30 days spoke. We listened."
    "Well played, sir!"

Say, did any of the 84 proof bottles make it to shelves? They might make a nice collector's item now and, who knows, might be worth a penny in the future.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Shuboy View Post
    Say, did any of the 84 proof bottles make it to shelves? They might make a nice collector's item now and, who knows, might be worth a penny in the future.
    Some have. At "my" store in Elizabethtown they have some of the 1.75s at 84 proof. Still have plenty of the original 90 proof 750s. Wonder if the label shown on FB or wherever is the new "real" label, as the old 90 proof label does not have the "(ninety proof)" as the bottom line. Still another collectible?