Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 56
  1. #41
    Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,490

    Re: OWA Private or Single Barrel

    Quote Originally Posted by hectic1 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Greg was thinking you were smokinjoe (joe) who's been around here for years and years.
    How do you know we're not best buds?

  2. #42
    Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,722

    OWA Private or Single Barrel

    Quote Originally Posted by smknjoe View Post
    Oh, I think I've heard of that group around here a few times. Kind of like demonoid where you have to be invited to join?

    At any rate I'll probably wait to meet up with Wade when possible and go from there. Thanks for all of the suggestions guys.
    Cause with posts like this one I can pretty much bet that Greg isn't best buds with you...
    You can find me in chat most nights on days ending with the letter y!

  3. #43
    Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,490

    Re: OWA Private or Single Barrel

    Quote Originally Posted by hectic1 View Post
    Cause with posts like this one I can pretty much bet that Greg isn't best buds with you...
    He's seems like a genuinely nice guy and is "friendly" with some locals here. I'm not sure what your point is...

    Too bad that the Super, Happy, Fun Time, Mega-Spec's Downtown doesn't do more specialty bottlings. The only one I've had is Buffalo Trace with a "Selected by Harlen" which translates to Spec's didn't have anything to do with this, or did they?

  4. #44
    Trippah and Admin
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Northeast Ahia
    Posts
    4,741

    Re: OWA Private or Single Barrel

    Quote Originally Posted by smknjoe View Post
    He's seems like a genuinely nice guy and is "friendly" with some locals here. I'm not sure what your point is...

    Too bad that the Super, Happy, Fun Time, Mega-Spec's Downtown doesn't do more specialty bottlings. The only one I've had is Buffalo Trace with a "Selected by Harlen" which translates to Spec's didn't have anything to do with this, or did they?

    His point is that folks on 1789 don't like it when outsiders utter the name of the site and they like it even less if the comments aren't glowing in nature.

    Just think of the first two rules of Fight Club and you have the idea.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

  5. #45
    Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,722

    Re: OWA Private or Single Barrel

    Quote Originally Posted by smknjoe View Post
    He's seems like a genuinely nice guy and is "friendly" with some locals here. I'm not sure what your point is...

    Too bad that the Super, Happy, Fun Time, Mega-Spec's Downtown doesn't do more specialty bottlings. The only one I've had is Buffalo Trace with a "Selected by Harlen" which translates to Spec's didn't have anything to do with this, or did they?
    You never know who is part of that "demonoid" group that you refereed to in your post...
    You can find me in chat most nights on days ending with the letter y!

  6. #46
    Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,722

    Re: OWA Private or Single Barrel

    Quote Originally Posted by callmeox View Post
    His point is that folks on 1789 don't like it when outsiders utter the name of the site and they like it even less if the comments aren't glowing in nature.

    Just think of the first two rules of Fight Club and you have the idea.
    LOL...I don't think that's the case but whatever Scotty boy...
    You can find me in chat most nights on days ending with the letter y!

  7. #47
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Commonwealth of KY
    Posts
    3,182

    Re: OWA Private or Single Barrel

    Sounds kinda...uptight?

  8. #48
    Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,490

    Re: OWA Private or Single Barrel

    Quote Originally Posted by hectic1 View Post
    You never know who is part of that "demonoid" group that you refereed to in your post...
    Ha, got it! "filler for count limit"

  9. #49
    Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    PacNW
    Posts
    2,272

    OWA Private or Single Barrel

    Quote Originally Posted by smknjoe View Post
    Too bad that the Super, Happy, Fun Time, Mega-Spec's Downtown doesn't do more specialty bottlings. The only one I've had is Buffalo Trace with a "Selected by Harlen" which translates to Spec's didn't have anything to do with this, or did they?
    Specs had a specialty bottling of the Single Barrel Bowman not too long ago.
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

    "Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

  10. #50
    Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,490

    Re: OWA Private or Single Barrel

    Ya know, I've always passed up the Bowman stuff while still meaning to try it some time. I've seen two versions - the Small Batch and Single Barrel for $27-$47 if I remember correctly. What would you compare it to?

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Sazerac Private Barrel
    By silverfish in forum American Rye Whiskey
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-25-2010, 06:18
  2. Trader Joe's private label single malt bottling
    By JeffRenner in forum Foreign Whiskey
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-21-2006, 19:30

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top