Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Guru

Re: Does Meijer Sell Private Barrel Selections?

Well, however done I view it as a positive.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by squire View Post
    Well, however done I view it as a positive.
    I bought the "Meijer Four Roses Private Barrel" today. As chance would have it, two gentlemen were stocking the bourbon section while I was there. They were predominately stocking Four Roses selections, YL, SmB and SB. I apologized for getting in their way and then picked up a Knob Creek Single Barrel to read the label. One of the guys said "If you are going to get in our way, the least you can do is buy Four Roses since it is our selection!" We all had a laugh and I told him I was happy to since it was on sale for half price today (of course, it was not). The point being is that there is some perspective on the sales floor that the SB is bottled specifically for Meijer.

There is nothing on the bottle to indicate as such. It looks like any other FRSB that I have seen. However, as Paul notes, the benefit is that if you like it, you know the barrel you like and you might find it at Meijer. As squire notes, any opportunity to get a private barrel selection at below standard SB price is a good thing.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by mbroo5880i View Post
    I bought the "Meijer Four Roses Private Barrel" today. As chance would have it, two gentlemen were stocking the bourbon section while I was there. They were predominately stocking Four Roses selections, YL, SmB and SB. I apologized for getting in their way and then picked up a Knob Creek Single Barrel to read the label. One of the guys said "If you are going to get in our way, the least you can do is buy Four Roses since it is our selection!" We all had a laugh and I told him I was happy to since it was on sale for half price today (of course, it was not). The point being is that there is some perspective on the sales floor that the SB is bottled specifically for Meijer.

There is nothing on the bottle to indicate as such. It looks like any other FRSB that I have seen. However, as Paul notes, the benefit is that if you like it, you know the barrel you like and you might find it at Meijer. As squire notes, any opportunity to get a private barrel selection at below standard SB price is a good thing.
    Did you happen to notice the price on Blanton's? I was thinking it was on sale for $43.99, but now I can't remember.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Jackinbox View Post
    Did you happen to notice the price on Blanton's? I was thinking it was on sale for $43.99, but now I can't remember.
    Drats, I didn't even notice the Blanton's! I was so focused on the FR and KC.

That would be a great price! Now I have to go back!

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by mbroo5880i View Post
    Drats, I didn't even notice the Blanton's! I was so focused on the FR and KC.

That would be a great price! Now I have to go back!
    The good thing is that the sales on liquor usually run 30 days or so. I think the current sales goes thru 8/4.

Guru

Our job is never really done is it fellas.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by squire View Post
    Our job is never really done is it fellas.
    Not in the foreseeable future! Although maybe after I've been at this a while, I too can settle down with VOB for breakfast and lunch and OGD for dinner! But right now all of this variety is a lot of fun.