Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Guru

Re: Are you guys STILL drinking tonight??

This will be way off-topic, so I'm glad they moved this thread. Tonight I bought some wonderful barbequed ribs (pork) and a bottle of Washington state Riesling to go with them. The wine was fruity and sweet and it went perfectly with the smoked meat.

White wine? Who me? Never!

Tim

Enthusiast

When i'm not sure what i want, i'll have a pour of Ezra B.
    It never disappoints me.
    I like EB, I like Old Ezra a lot. I have not had a chance at the 15YO but will find it one day. I do not buy EB much because I get EC12YO for $12.88. For me it's like getting what should be a $25 bourbon half price. Hard to drop down to $9 for EB unless I just have a taste for it. I may just have poor taste in Bourbon but I like EB better than JB Black .

Taster

If you find Ezra B 15 yo, please try it. This is a top shelf pour for me. It has depth of flavor. A long finish, and no harsh flavors. The proof is just right, no burn. Yummy!!!!

Enthusiast

I finished off 3 mini-bottles of Rowan's Creek, Pure Kentuky and Kentucky Vintage. I did not like any of these, but the Rowan's Creek was particularly low on my list. It came off very harsh. At least those are now done, and now I can move on to all of the good stuff!

Administrator in exile

Which wine was it? Leslie and I recently tried a special bottling of Chateau St. Michelle riesling that was wonderful.

Guru

It was Covey Run 2002. Very tasty and enjoyable. I chose it because the wine shop man recommended it.

I have had several Chateau Ste. Michelle reds, though, and all of them were excellent.

Tim

Bourbonian of the Year 2006

I am cuddling a pour of Pappy 20. I just got caught in a rain/hail/sleet storm on my bicycle. That's the fourth time this year I got snagged by weather when ten miles from home. It lasted till I got to my driveway and then the sun came out. I'm sitting under a blanket with my toes wrinkled and a stripe of road gunk up my back. I need to go to church more.

Advanced Taster

Well, the lights are back on in Richmond (Hurricane Isabel). At least they're back on at my house. I broke out the Pappy. I missed the forum very much these last ten days. And hot showers.

Tommy

Virtuoso

That sucks - no power for 10 days. I am glad to hear you have it back on.

Despite all the ice storms and hurricanes I've seen in my 15 years near Raleigh, NC, I haven't been out of power for more than 2 days, because in large residential areas close within the Cary city limits. I feel very fortunate.

I do have one suggestion for your next house you buy - GAS WATER HEATER. When we lost power for two days this past winter due to the ice storm, that hot shower in the morning made all the difference in the world.

Disciple

Old Ezra 7/107 is the anti-makers mark. It is a $20 bourbon masquerading as an $11 one (as opposed to the opposite).

TomC