Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Guru

Re: Are you guys STILL drinking tonight??

Rare Breed didn't impress me at first, but every time I give it another try, I like it better. Were it not for the many fans it has in this venue, I probably would have dismissed it at first taste -- to my great loss.

Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield

Advanced Taster

I am enjoying the pleasure of a Blanton's this evening....does it get any better than this?

Connoisseur

I nver join you guys in the evening -- but in my humble opinion there are few better than Blantons! Lucky you

Administrator in exile

A nice pour of Four Roses bourbon from the bottle we recieved after the "Let's Talk Bourbon" seminar and distillery tour. This was one of the highlights of the festival for Leslie and me. It was a little dissappointing that none of the better bottlings were available for tasting, but a great time nontheless. Glad I shared it with you guys

Advanced Taster

Elijah Craig...the best of Heaven Hill. I get new flavors nearly every time I drink this...a very easy pour.

Virtuoso

I was with the festival attendees in "spirit" this past weekend. On Friday evening, my wife and I sat out on the deck in the very pleasant post-Isabel weather while I enjoyed a pour of ORVW 12 yo. On Saturday evening, under the same circumstances, I enjoyed a pour of GTS. These drinks were significant because they are the first I've had in five weeks. I needed to step back for awhile, but Friday was the perfect time to tip my toes back in for a moment.

It's a good thing that I changed my plans about going to the festival this year. So many things came up this past week, including Isabel last Thursday, a rafting and camping trip last weekend with the men's group at church, and my church's end of summer party yesterday where my wife and two kids were baptized.

I got lucky with Isabel. The eye was about 100 or so miles east. There was lots of trouble there, of course. And there was over 6" of rain about 100 miles to the west that got an outer band of rain dumped on them. But here around Raleigh, we only had bursts of wind up to 45 mph and ONLY 1.5" inches of rain. A few trees here and there around town, but nothing much at all other than that. Whew!

Guru

After going to the festival there is a great supply of bourbon to choose from. For tonight it is something that I really liked after trying it, and the price wasn't bad to boot... Ridgewood Reserve 1792.

Connoisseur

Chuck,
    I was with the festival attendees in "spirit" this past weekend.
    We missed you. Your name was mentioned by several folks over the course of the Festival. Wish you could have been with us.
    Glad you dodged Isabel. It's amazing the difference 100 miles can make.
    Bj

Advanced Taster

Tonight it is Rock Hill Farms , I did not want to break in to my reserve of a minimum of 6 bottles at all times of ORVW 10yr 107.... and so I am letting the Rock Hill gently rock me ,,,, lol I do have an open bottle of EB 15y but did not feel up to the pepper finish ...
    Salute All !!!
    I go to my cup ..
    Bill G.

Virtuoso

Are you sure it wasn't the other Chuck's name you heard? (Private joke that Brenda, Bobby, Bettye Jo, my sister and Grandma Bryant will get. )

On a more gracious note, thanks for missing me and thinking of me. I missed being there, not for the bourbon, but for the people.