Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Advanced Taster

Another new Okie

Hello! Just recently joined the board and looking forward to it. I got into bourbon about 3 years ago and enjoy trying new things and learning about it. Thanks!

Guru

Re: Another new Okie

Welcome aboard Flounder, come join us in the chat room some evening and introduce yourself, the icon is located on the lower left hand corner of your screen.

Virtuoso

I'm originally from Norman, OK. Whereabouts in OK? Welcome to the board!
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOWK View Post
    I like to save up the charred bits in the bottom of the unfiltered stuff. When I have enough, I pour milk on it and eat it.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by ErichPryde View Post
    I'm originally from Norman, OK. Whereabouts in OK? Welcome to the board!
    I grew up moving between a few small Oklahoma towns but live in Norman now. I was in school here in the 90's, moved to the east coast for several years and have been in Norman since 07. It has changed quite a bit and I don't see myself moving anywhere anytime in the near future.

Virtuoso

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you're looking for some dusties or good deals, I tramped around norman but didn't buy much of anything while I was there. I saw some things you might be interested in, depending upon where you're at with your bourbon palate and your tastes and also depending upon how much you want to spend! What are your favorite bourbons so far? Biggest thing I'm jealous of, is that the spirit shop in Norman carries HANDLES of 1792!!!! I've never seen a 1.75L bottle of the stuff, until recently, at The Spirit Shop! Good price, too.
    I like to save up the charred bits in the bottom of the unfiltered stuff. When I have enough, I pour milk on it and eat it.

Virtuoso

Wait.... do I know you already?!

Virtuoso

Howdy and welcome from up in Michigan.

Best regards, Tony

Advanced Taster

I'd be interested in what you can find in Norman, as well. I live in Oklahoma City. BTW, welcome Flounder! :-)

Advanced Taster

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you're looking for some dusties or good deals, I tramped around norman but didn't buy much of anything while I was there. I saw some things you might be interested in, depending upon where you're at with your bourbon palate and your tastes and also depending upon how much you want to spend! What are your favorite bourbons so far? Biggest thing I'm jealous of, is that the spirit shop in Norman carries HANDLES of 1792!!!! I've never seen a 1.75L bottle of the stuff, until recently, at The Spirit Shop! Good price, too.
    Oh I look around but I am VERY new to all this. I'm always up for a deal! As far as palate and tastes, I love Blantons and Basil Hayden's..I'm still working my way through the more mainstream stuff so I have a ways to go, but I will try anything. Feel free to recommend something. I haven't come across much I don't like...right now I have Four Roses Single barrel and just bought (but haven't opened) Eagle Rare 10 year.

YES! I have seen the handles of 1792 (which I also like a lot). Spirit Shop is my place of choice...I do about 90% of beer, wine and bourbon buying there. Staff is great and not snooty. I can ask basic questions and they don't laugh at me...at least where I can see it.

Advanced Taster

Wait.... do I know you already?!
    Hmmm....possibly! Don't know. I tried to send you a PM but I don't think I have access to PM's yet. I read the FAQ but wasn't able to send one.