Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Hybrid View

Oregon Bourbonians - Good news

For the Oregon participants, there's some stuff at the OLCC stores that's recently available that's pretty good:

* Willett 4 year rye - I picked up a bottle, it's delicious.
    * Weller 12 year - Finally! I picked up a couple bottles from Washington before they switched over, and I wasn't sure when I'd get a chance to get more.
    * Rittenhouse BIB
    * 2 cask strength selected single barrels of Four Roses - One selected for The Pope House (112 proof), one for The Rose and Raven (124 proof.) I like the Pope House barrel way more, but they're both excellent. These will definitely console you if you weren't able to score any of the limited release stuff last fall. PM me if you'd like to know which store has these; it's not on the OLCC site.

I've also been told by a local store to expect a couple Willett single barrels of bourbon around April.
    Last edited by MonsterMashBill; 02-26-2013 at 20:01.

Virtuoso

Re: Oregon Bourbonians - Good news

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMashBill View Post
    For the Oregon participants, there's some good stuff that's recently available that's pretty good:

* Willett 4 year rye - I picked up a bottle, it's delicious.
    * Weller 12 year - Finally! I picked up a couple bottles from Washington before they switched over, and I wasn't sure when I'd get a chance to get more.
    * Rittenhouse BIB
    * 2 cask strength selected single barrels of Four Roses - One selected for The Pope House (112 proof), one for The Rose and Raven (124 proof.) I like the Pope House barrel way more, but they're both excellent. These will definitely console you if you weren't able to score any of the limited release stuff last fall. PM me if you'd like to know which store has these; it's not on the OLCC site.

I've also been told by a local store to expect a couple Willett single barrels of bourbon around April.
    Do you know the mashbills of the FR cask strength selections?
    Jack
    GBS Member #3 (Sorry Dawn!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieface
    I think i'm god but I'll get a confirmation and go from there

Quote Originally Posted by jcg9779 View Post
    Do you know the mashbills of the FR cask strength selections?
    The Pope House selection is OBSK and the Rose and Raven is OBSV.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMashBill View Post
    The Pope House selection is OBSK and the Rose and Raven is OBSV.
    I think Four Roses could carry its brand on the OBSK alone. It's a helluva recipe and probably the closest they have to a crowd pleaser.
    Ryan

Virtuoso

I agree Mr. Nivto sir. I would sure like to sample some OBSK aged slow and cool the same locations used for ETL and RHF. And maybe with a crazy low off the still and barrel entry proof. 4R's penchant for repeatability and consistency has narrowed the output variation.
    Last edited by sailor22; 02-27-2013 at 06:03.