Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reccomended

Taster

Reccomended

Looking from some advice/opinions on other bourbons that have the same type of flavor profile in the $50 and under range. Currently a few of my favorites are Russels Reserve 10 year, Buffalo Trace, Blantons, and Four Roses small batch and looking for some others that are similair to these in taste and flavor? I have already tried, Four Roses single barrel, Four Roses Yellow label, Elijah Craig, Makers 46, regular Makers, Knob Creek, Elmer T. Lee, Wild Turkey 101, Devils Cut, Jeffersons and Evan Willams single barrel 2002. Thanks for any recomendations before I spend my hard earned cash on a new bottle

Guru

Re: Reccomended

It seems like you have already covered things pretty well. I would suggest Rock Hill Farms, but it may not be under $50, anymore.

Tim
    Self-Styled Whisky Connoisseur

Guru

Try Old Grand Dad 114 proof, actually in your price range you could probably get two of them.

Enthusiast

I would second OGD114 and also suggest that you try Bowman Brothers Small Batch.

Disciple

Reccomended

Old Weller Antique and Weller 12, although not the same flavors as your favorites, you've really covered a pretty broad range and those are the most notable exceptions I see.
    Jim

Virtuoso

You might like Eagle Rare. Not really my cup of tea but it could run in the group you've listed, it shares some things in common with them.

For something a little different I'd recommend Baker's. It's one of the best of Beam's line-up an perhaps the least "Beamy" of the bunch.
    Life's too short, and there's too much good whiskey within reach.

I would recommend Bulleit. I've been really enjoying it lately.

Advanced Taster

Good variety and excellent suggestions so far. I would recommend trying something by Brown-Forman to get a taste of another distillery. My favorite readily available bottle is Old Forester Signature.

Guru

Old Forester Signature is a good choice as well, there's a lot of heritage in that brand.

Taster

Thanks for the great responses. To maybe narrow things down some which bourbon would be the closest comparable to Russells Reserve 10 year old? I did leave out i have tried Woodford Reserve and wasnt that fond of it. Thanks.