Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reccomended

Disciple

Reccomended

Quote Originally Posted by Bluffhunter View Post
    Thanks for the great responses. To maybe narrow things down some which bourbon would be the closest comparable to Russells Reserve 10 year old? I did leave out i have tried Woodford Reserve and wasnt that fond of it. Thanks.
    Wild Turkey Rare Breed would be a logical place to go from RR10. Also, beware... The fate of those bottles is in jeopardy.
    Jim

Taster

Re: Reccomended

I noticed at my local grocery store they pulled RR10 off the shelves, are they not selling/making it anymore?

Disciple

Reccomended

Quote Originally Posted by Bluffhunter View Post
    I noticed at my local grocery store they pulled RR10 off the shelves, are they not selling/making it anymore?
    Perhaps...
    http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...ad.php?t=18577 and a few other threads around can give you some more information.

I don't know that anyone has heard for sure that RR10 is going away but the new, more expensive RRSB has shown up on shelves already and most folks who have tried it don't love it.

Same goes for WT Rare Breed - it's about to be changed although I don't think anyone has encountered a new bottle yet. RB is my pick from the WT line (if you didn't know this, RR is a Wild Turkey brand - doesn't say WT anywhere on its packaging though.)
    Jim