Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

Greetings from Balcones Distillery

Gentleman (and ladies),

A big hello to you all from Balcones. My name is Winston Edwards and I'm the brand ambassador to the distillery. As you can imagine, I'm a whiskey geek and I look forward to participating in discussions about whiskey of all types, especially my favorites: bourbon and rye.

I live in Dallas but my job takes me all over the country so I'm sure I'll be meeting quite a few of you along the way, sharing great pours as we go. (STILL trying to score a taste of VVOF )

I'll do my best to not shamelessly self-promote, but I invite anyone and everyone to query me regarding any topics about the distillery, our products, or whiskey in general.

If there are any Twitter users on here, feel free to follow me @BalconesWinston

Aside from whiskey I also enjoy cigars, craft beer, coffee, BBQ and an array of other subjects that I'm sure plenty of you also dabble in.

What's my favorite bourbon? Four Roses Single Barrel, of course

Cheers!

Virtuoso

Re: Greetings from Balcones Distillery

Welcome back!

Any plans to expand distribution to Minnesota?
    Life's too short, and there's too much good whiskey within reach.

Enthusiast

Yes! Unfortunately the expansion of our distribution is limited by our production capacity. At this point, the distillery is literally producing to it's limits. We just recently received 5 new fermenters and Chip will be building two more stills which are double the size of the current ones (~500gal from ~250gal). These upgrades will, theoretically, boost our production to double what we make now.

We will also eventually expand into a brand new facility in the coming years to bring production up to approximately the volume of The Balvenie, for instance. However, once construction and renovation begins, it will be at least two years until we bear the fruits of our labors.

Until then, we'll continue to focus on making as much as we can given our size, and only releasing it when it's ready. We're currently in about 25 states (with a few more in the works) and we have enough trouble filling those orders as it is, but one day we'd like to supply the entire world.

Enthusiast

I don't think it's fair that my user title describes me as a novice. Surely I didn't get this job by being a whiskey noob

Guru

Welcome, noob. :P

I've only ever had your Texas Single Malt, but am a big fan of that and looking forward to trying more of your offerings. Enjoy your stay.

Connoisseur

Welcome Winston!

I just your whiskey on the shelf in NOLA this afternoon for the first time. I look forward to trying it out.

Virtuoso

Welcome Winston. I'm a huge fan of Balcones Single Malt and can't wait to see what kind of malt surprises you guys roll out in the coming years.

Virtuoso

Welcome!

I have a bottle of your Texas Single Malt, which I like very much. Have also tried your Baby Blue and found it to be something different. Like it as well. Hope to one day try the Brimstone as it sounds awesome.

Advanced Taster

Welcome. I was just on your website yesterday looking at it. Great information and design.
    I'm gonna call a buddy in Dallas and see if he is interested in heading down to see you all.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by FlounderinDC View Post
    Welcome. I was just on your website yesterday looking at it. Great information and design.
    I'm gonna call a buddy in Dallas and see if he is interested in heading down to see you all.
    Excellent! Please do make an appointment so we can make sure to set aside time for you. Chip likes to do all the tours personally himself (sometimes I run the tasting room) 254-755-6003