Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New in Chicago

Hybrid View

New in Chicago

Hello all!

just another newbie here from the Chicago area. Started getting into the juice after being pretty exclusive to beer for several years. On the younger side I suppose at 25 but really enjoying myself so far.

I have tried and enjoyed MM, FRSB, willett 7 yr binnys, WL Weller 12 yr, old grand dad 114, FRSB OBSO binnys, FR OBSK binnys, RHF, and WT Kentucky Spirit. The WL Weller 12 yr and FR SB have been favorites so far. Really liking the binnys FR SB as well just haven't had enough time with them.

Also had the great pleasure of trying William LaRue Weller Antique 2011 at the Publican recently and it was amazing. Looking forward to trying a lot more and talking with all of you. Would love to track down some specialty bottles some day.

Any suggestions from the veterans?

cheers!

Guru

Re: New in Chicago

Welcome aboard, as for suggestions, some of the other houses, Forester-Woodford, Beam's Knob Creek group, Heaven Hill's Elijah Craig brands, Evan Williams brands and the various HH BIBs.

Looking into maybe bookers and EC12 or EWSB next.

Connoisseur

From a transplanted Chicagoan, welcome aboard. Consider adding OWA to the arsenal. Great "value" pour! Enjoy the ride.
    "There's nothing better than a fine dinner, a good bottle of whiskey and a bad girl"

Enthusiast

Welcome to SB from another Chicagoan. I enjoy a lot of the same pours as you so I'd recommend that you try OWA and ETL. Both are excellent pours that are often overlooked.

Guru

Welcome to SB. We'll let you know when the next South Loop Binny's get-together is and you can meet the local crew, as well as the Indy/Michigan/Iowa folks too.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Virtuoso

Howdy and welcome from Michigan.

Glad to have you here and hope to make the next South Loop Binny's get together, would be good to meet.

Best regards, Tony

Disciple

Welcome to the site and enjoy your time here! I will echo Tony and Hank's recommendations on the Binny's events they are a great time and a good way to meet fellow members and the things you will get to try are well worth the trip!Joe and Pat really know how to roll out the red carpet for these S.Loop events for the SB guys!
    "To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human."
    Larry Wachowski

Enthusiast

Welcome to you from Eastern Tennessee, I spent 25 years in the Chicago suburbs and consider Chicago the finest city in the world. I am a die hard Cubs and Bears fan.

Novice

Hi neighbor! There do seem to be a lot of Chicago folks here.

Looking forward to the next Binny's event so I can meet some of the gang.

Nick